Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-12-2007, 07:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy
Default Re: Baldwin Motion Book

[ QUOTE ]
I attempted to submit my Motion Performance pictures for use in the book but because of potential copyright infringements, they cannot be printed in the book; even if we delegate credit to the original photographers. Its a shame because I have quite a few priceless pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post 'em here Dan.. screw the infringements... start a new thread.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM

I think you are correct Ed. We can post them here because we are not selling them, as the case would be if published in a book.

I am not a lawyer, but I do watch them on TV.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:45 PM

[quote
It has absolutely nothing to do with the relationship between Joel Rosen and Marty Schorr. In order for the book to have significant interest original photos from either the present or past true Baldwin Motion cars are necessary. These cars were rare enough in the day as they were all custom ordered and rarely if ever sat on the showroom floor. As such pics are essential and hard to come by. The individuals who ordered the cars included the very wealthy and flamboyant; actual royalty in more than one case. Joel has the actual files on these cars but no pics. Marty feels that even with this great history more photo documentation is essential. Another item to keep in mind is that when Joel documents a car for you it is a very tedious process including reviewing many files, with some of the cars having only carbon copies of the original invoices remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel has quite a few photographs. The reason I know this is because he gave me and my friend a bunch of pics. And he had many copies of those pictures made. I am sure I didn't get a copy of every pic he had but I have at least 20 or so pictures from him. We used to go visit him in his shop years ago when he was still on Long Island which was located about 10 minutes from my home before he moved th FL. My friend still does some work for him here on LI.

Marty had emailed me sometime ago about getting some of the pictures but I haven't heard from him in a long time. I wonder if Joel misplaced his when he moved. Either way I would be happy to get him copies.

As everyone here knows Marty took many pictures for the HiPo Cars magazine and even if he doesn't have trhe actual slides he could get the old mags (I have just about all of them) and make high quality scans.

I remember hearing about this book for at least 10 years from Joel so its probably just a matter of these guys not getting there act together on it. Putting a book together has got to be a large undertaking and these guys are busy with so many different things. And with a book the rewards are not instant so I'm sure they keep putting it off for more immediate gratification. I do hope they complete it. I would love to see a book on these great cars.

Anyway, here is a cool pic of a Gold Manta Ray Joel gave me. I beleive he took the pic himself. Its a typical small snap shot that I had color copied and THEN scanned. If I recall Joel said he made 3 Mantas. The red one is pretty well know. And I have a pic of what I guess is the 3rd car which is orange. Another snap shot sized pic. I tried to have that photo blown up but it loses detail. The pics are small and this was scanned a long time ago from a color copy I made, like I said, so its not the best quality. I have some pretty interesting pics.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

"I have some pretty interesting pics."

Post em!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Great picture of the Manta Ray. It looks like it was taken on the grass between westbound Sunrise Highway and the Long Island Railroad tracks. Probably, opposite Motion Performance. Feel free to post more!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 PM

Yeah thats where it's taken, they always photographed the cars on that grassy area, and in many magazine photos you can see the tracks in the background. Hopefully there will be more to come
Steve

Steve
68 SS427 Custom Coupe 427/385/M21/3:73
68 Impala Custom Coupe 427/425/M21/3:73
68 Biscayne 2 Door 250/3 speed
68 Caprice Estate
68 Camaro SS396 4 speed
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 PM

Great Vintage Motion photo.............keep'em comin...
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,214 Posts

Very cool pic...looks like it's built on a '73..

More-more!!!

~ Pete

Old 02-26-2007, 11:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Post 'em all
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM

Keep them coming!