Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-12-2004, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce For Sale

I almost for got that Yenko car has found a NEW home and Iam GLAD that it is GREAT hands. And it didn't go to the GREEDY ones. I will leave it at that,if the NEW owner wants to say he can speak for himself.
The "MOF"
Old 02-12-2004, 09:51 AM

Is there a OTHER site i dont know of?, is there anyone willing to supply me with the web adress?

NEW
Old 02-12-2004, 01:33 PM

Had a great post for the "Mayor" about how wrong it is to not help others with the info he has been blessed with, but decided not to leave it. I do have a suggestion though, write a "Yenko- By (or BUY) the Numbers" book. That way the info can be purchased from you, and if someone uses the info and gets a Yenko car but then sells it you won't feel used (because you'll have no idea the person used your info to buy it). Don't take this the wrong way...I am not trying to be a smart-#*&, just feel as though the information was given to you by someone (even if it was through your hard work--without those giving you info you couldn't have compiled the big picture). I apologize if I am speaking out of turn because maybe I don't understand how you got the information we are speaking of....but enlighten me.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:40 PM

Marlin, It is your knowlwedge and integrity that makes this hobby what it is. Thanks for the great advice and look forward to meeting you in the future. Don
70 Nova
70 ElCamino LS1
Old 02-12-2004, 02:12 PM

Maxx, you are right about our free market society. Buy low and sell high is the cornerstone of our economy.
However, I think I'm hearing you say that you draw no distinction between what is "legal" and what is "socially acceptable."

Maybe it's just me, but I believe there is a diffenrence between, "Hey Marlin, I love Deuces, and I'd really like to find one. Can you help?" and "Hey Marlin, I want to find a Deuce that I can buy cheap, and flip. Can you help?"
If the former, and then he flips it, then I think Marlin has been wronged (not legally, but socially.) if the latter, and Marlin agrees to help, then, no foul.

I do not know Clint, nor do I know his motives, so I am not casting dispersions.
I do know Marlin, and his passion for the Hobby. I think he draws differences between a hobbiest and a profiteer.

When someone "feels" wronged, shouts of "Free Market" don't change the way he feels. It may change his attitude towards helping other hobbiests in the future. And that, my friends, cannot be good for the hobby!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:30 PM

Hey guys, I think this whole thing has gone way off track.I will be the first to agree that Marlin puts forth a lot of dedicated hard work towards this hobby and freely helps those who ask. Possibly though, the car was not what the buyer expected, or possibly after buying it he realized he really couldnt afford it, or maybe he was talked into selling it by say, a broker who wanted to make a quick buck. Point is we dont know the whole story so we shouldnt jump to conclusions. The main thing is though, this car has now been brought into the "Fold" so to speak, from being owned by an outsider to this true hobby, now it has been brought in as I am sure someone from this board or close by will buy it and do the right thing. So, Marlin has done his job, he brought this car to the group of people who apprieciate what it is and will no doubt bring it back to it's true glory.
Motown
Old 02-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

First of all, none of the folks I assoicate with, who have "some of the numbers" were blessed with them. Gathering information, rather it be VIN numbers or other pertinent information related to the supercars, requires a lot of time and effort, and in many situations, $$$. Thus, anytime one of these folks are willing to share this information for free is a gift. And where I come from, you do not look a gift horse in the mouth.

The bottom line is, Marlin, MOF and the other fine folks out there who have this valuable information, and who are willing to share it simply for the love of the hobby, not $$$, deserve our respect, and our thanks. THANKS GUYS. This Buds for you
Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,008 Posts

I was recently asked by an freind to authenticate a car that was close to $100k as he was interested in purchasing it for his private collection. I spent a lot of time in the sale of the car and helping the new owner. The car is now being sold literally months after the purchase for about a 50% profit. No money was ever paid to me for my services nor did I ask as I was helping a friend purchase a car. However, now that I see what his intentions likely were all along even while using me, I feel taken advantage of. Should he be held accountable? No, I offered to help with no strings attached even though he knows what I do. Do I feel taken advantage of by a friend who should have been honest with me? ABSOLUTELY! One things for sure, it WON'T happen again!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:26 PM

sometimes things like this depends on how you were raised
Old 02-12-2004, 05:38 PM

The almighty dollar will make people do things that they wouldn't normally do.
James