Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Default Re: COPO VALUES IN GENERAL

I knew this was a Chevrolet oriented website when I came here. But part of what makes this site great is the depth of knowledge contained in it. Got a question about a Mopar? It's here. A Buick? It's here. Can't find it on your own? Ask. Somebody here knows. This site has probably one of the broadest knowledge bases on the internet, from Tri-5 Chevrolets to ...cough... late model Mustangs, and every American high-performance car in between. And that's what makes it one of the best car sites out there.

My two cents.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Hemi engine makes the dif. Without it the values wouldn't even be close. I really like the V codes but in alot of cases they won't bring half the money of a Hemi.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if the camaro has a 396 it's worth 1/2 of a hemi cuda,
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Hemi engine makes the dif. Without it the values wouldn't even be close. I really like the V codes but in alot of cases they won't bring half the money of a Hemi.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if the camaro has a 396 it's worth 1/2 of a hemi cuda,

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 PM

That's an interesting comment to a fellow SYC member. Not to be disrespectful, but if there wasn't Mopar or Ford guys or those cars to be compared to...then the Copo's would not be worth as much as they are. It would be a pretty boring day at the strip.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:48 PM

Right from the Home page..

"The PREMIER Supercar site

Dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Chevrolet dealer built Supercars and COPO cars."

....But alot of people that own or have owned these cars...have also owned or do own other brands....

...Hmmmm?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's an interesting comment to a fellow SYC member. Not to be disrespectful, but if there wasn't Mopar or Ford guys or those cars to be compared to...then the Copo's would not be worth as much as they are. It would be a pretty boring day at the strip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with you on this comment. I do not think that there is any parallel in value considerations between the COPO cars and any other brand offerings. The cars stand on thier own and what happens with other cars does not have any affect on thier value. What does affect thier value is the economy and what buyers can or are willing to pay.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:27 PM

my only point was what makes a cuda valuable is the hemi, same as what makes a copo special is the 427.

as a owner of numerous mopars, and a few chevy's , incl a copo as well as a BM , i'll state what i always say when i am at a mopar gathering...

i luv mopars, but when i wanta go fast, i take out a chevy.. and i don't say it to bust balls, its the truth...
Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM

I'm a Chevy fan as most are on this site. My comment was intended to allow a little space to those who may own other brands than bowties. Of course pricing is driven by economy and the willingness of someone to open up their pocket book, but the muscle car craze has generated and thrown all supercars into this high priced arena. I think the Big Three all help keep the interest and pricing of these cars up in the stratosphere they are in. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM

rockn69, if you go to the main forum page, you'll see there is an entire section called "Other Muscle" that was created for non-Chevrolet cars and discussion, and its no secret many members own and are interested in other makes of cars besides Chevrolet. No one's ever been told not to discuss other makes on this site. But it should be noted that Chevrolet based supercars are the top dogs here, always have been...always will be.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Chevy fan as most are on this site. My comment was intended to allow a little space to those who may own other brands than bowties. Of course pricing is driven by economy and the willingness of someone to open up their pocket book, but the muscle car craze has generated and thrown all supercars into this high priced arena. I think the Big Three all help keep the interest and pricing of these cars up in the stratosphere they are in. Just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat,

I`m lov`n your passion

Dan.
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw