Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-12-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce For Sale

Jeff, Charley, Rob, Tom, please remove me from your member list perminately and revoke my login. Thank you.

Old 02-12-2004, 05:55 PM

You know...I don't think anyone knows what Clints motivations were....why post speculation ??? Man we need to slow down around here.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 PM

I HAD BOUGHT A SS427 IMPALA A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, THE PRICE WAS A STEAL. THE SELLER TOLD ME HE ONLY WANTED TO SELL IT TO SOMEBODY WHO WOULD RESTORE IT PROPERLY AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT. I ASSURED HIM I WOULD DO JUST THAT. A FEW MONTHS LATER I WAS STARING AT DIVORCE PAPERS. I HAD TO SELL THE CAR. I MADE A FEW DOLLARS ON IT HAVING DONE VERY LITTLE TO IT (JUST SOME DISASSEMBLY). I DID NOT WANT TO SELL, BUT HAD NO REAL CHOICE. MY POINT IS, BELAIR62 IS RIGHT, WE SHOULD NOT SPECULATE ON PEOPLES MOTIVES.
MIKE
Old 02-12-2004, 11:16 PM

I USUALLY DONT PARTICIPATE IN THESE POSTS WITH CONFLICTING INFO BUT I'M GONNA SPEAK UP AND CALL IT AS I SEE IT. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER MET MARLIN PERSONALLY, I FEEL HE IS AN ASSET TO THE HOBBY WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE AND CONTACTS WITH THE YENKO NOVAS. I'M CERTAIN HES NOT IN THE HOBBY FOR THE MONEY BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE CARS. ALTHOUGH I DONT KNOW CLINT OR HIS MOTIVE FOR SELLING THE DEUCE, THE BOTTOM LINE IS, IF THE CAR GETS SOLD, MARLIN IS ENTITLED TO A COMMISSION FOR HIS LEAD AND KNOWLEDGE. JUST MY OPINION... KP
Old 02-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,753 Times in 510 Posts

Like KP I don't often get involved in the serious debates, though I will add my views if it seems appropriate. This is one of those times. The collector car hobby is out of control! What started as a labor of love for the average guy has turned into "Big Business". Just look at all the nonsense going on with E-bay; all the fake cars, the clones, price gougers, it's terrilble. We need to reel this in before it explodes. Sure the cars are valuable, and some are darn near priceless, but they are still just cars. Let's not forget one simple fact "They Don't Drive Themselves", it takes people to do that! To me this hobby is really about the people and always has been. The cars are merely the thing that brings us all together. Let's all be friends, deal honestly and fairly and help each other whenever we can. The hobby will be better for it and so will we.

Tom Williams
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-13-2004, 02:57 AM

Clint seems to have a problem with my post.I thought that I expressed my feelings clearly.So I thought that Kenny explained PERFECTLY.I could care less about Clint or what his intensions were with the Deuce.He has every right to do what he wants with the deuce.I just feel that some sort of graditude should go to thoughs who dedicate so much to this hobby.Iam glad that Clint found a NEW home at the "other site".I think he should stay on the "other site". Just my OPINION.
THE ""MOF"
Old 02-13-2004, 07:21 AM

I am really sorry I posted this ad here Clint, I thought I was doing a favor for the guys on this site that may want a Deuce, some here have stood up for you as they should, but the others that have bashed you for no reason are the problem with this hobby
Motown
Old 02-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Specific thanks to Jeff for unlocking this thread for a final reply.

After being out for a day, I had a chance to read all of the responses. Each one states a valid point, and I thank those who voiced their support.

Clint is also right, it is his car, and his choice. I will always help people find and verify Yenko Novas. Let's allow this thread to be 'water under the bridge' and move on to the next Yenko Deuce.

Peace to all,

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)