Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 744 Posts
Default Re: '73 Nickey LS6 Conversion at RussoSteele:

If you saw the Mist green LS6 Chevelle in Hinsdale, I would guess that was pre-accident. As I understand it, the accident occurred when the car was being driven from Hinsdale down to Classic Motors new location in Joliet IL.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,196 Posts

Tenney,that sounds like you saw the Moorehouse LS-6 Chevelle before the accident as well.
Horace told me that accident actually occured when Classics' mechanic,Kevin,was driving it to a Kruse car auction down here in Bolingbrook,at the "Old Chicago" shopping center location.That's when an intoxicated driver T-boned Kevin on the passenger side front grille-bumper-hood-fender-door & partial rear 1/4.
Bill S. & Richard B. soon got the settlement check from the insurance Co.,then sold it "AS IS" to Horace @ Bill Jacobs Chevrolet,who fixed it all up by getting the parts wholesale & then had Vic reassemble & repaint it in certain areas.Horace drove it around some,before finally selling to a Michigan collector,where it sat inside for nearly 20 years.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 AM

They had some cool stuff on display. A '64 Goat w/around 9K on the clock (seen earlier at an auction at O'Hare Expo Center, and later w/Jim L. near Carbondale), a cool silver '69 RS/SS 396/375 w/5K miles - a whole bunch of nice 'Vettes ...

The '73 Nickey LS-6 Camaro would've fit right in!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The '73 Nickey LS-6 Camaro would've fit right in! </div></div>

Yeah,fit right in your garage
Just pull the trigger, it's your destiny Luke!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Late BrakeU2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The '73 Nickey LS-6 Camaro would've fit right in! </div></div>

Yeah,fit right in your garage
Just pull the trigger, it's your destiny Luke! </div></div>

Cool car - could certainly do worse!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Thanked 3,850 Times in 1,637 Posts

----Rick really has the story down pat as that is exactly what happened with Ricks car. Prior to the accident the car had very, very nice original paint and mint interior. After the accident I only went to look at the car once as I was super disgusted. Therein lies the reason that, long ago, I somewhat mis-described that accident as being a bit worse than it was. Although the accident was serious it wasnt terminal, especially at the hands of a magician like Vic Studer. Vic has passed on but when he did work for Classic we were always overly impressed. He was a good guy and one of the best body men I have seen to this day, hands down.......Bill S
Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanked 1,831 Times in 766 Posts

[quote= especially at the hands of a magician like Vic Studer.............one of the best body men I have seen to this day, hands down.......Bill S[/quote]

Amen to that. Vic was &quot;the guy&quot; back in the day.

I thought I heard his son was still operating the business - although not sure of his talents vs. his fathers?

Jake

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wonder why an 11k original mile car has to be repainted

I would think the market would support a survivor or barn find with those miles

of course, turning down $175k, well ... </div></div>

Who ever said this was a &quot;Survivor&quot; or &quot;Barn Find&quot;?

It was Hot Rodded and raced practically from the First Day the original owner had it back in town.

It had the wrong shade of Green when it came back from Japan.

So you want to know why a 37 year old, record holding race car had to be repainted after only 11,000 miles?? </div></div>

WOW! very interesting ...

with all the hype of the RG 69 Camaro COPO from the farm auction that was in &quot;as raced&quot; condition to the infatuation with original cars &quot;as raced&quot; / day 2 looks, etc I don't see why one couldn't present it &quot;as found&quot;, but then that is MY OPINION.

I would much rather see a car with all its pimples, dents and scratches in the wrong shade of green than a trollop in high heels and red lipstick ... IMHO, YMMV of course

A worn, torn, battle scarred 37 year old used car is WAY more interesting than a resurrected trailer queen, but when business is involved (not hobby) I guess different choices are made for the investors return.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll give you my BOZO button if you figure out the answer to your own question.
</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">really???</span>

Thanks for the offer ... I'll pass

I would still like to know why, but if the answer is $$$$$$ for the investors then I don't need or want to know.

The car is/was cool, no doubt.

I like cars. I like all cars, &quot;perfect&quot; or not. I appreciate the pains taken to restore them to their initial condition. I ALSO appreciate those that have been maintained / used / abused and are presented with all the flaws they originally had and came to incur with age and use. A certain silver Cobra is a perfect example. It is MUCH more interesting and (at least IMHO) valuable as is then turned into just another restored Cobra.

Everyone is different and has different tastes. I thought I asked a simple question. </div></div>
I believe the current owner had the original owner look at the car after it came back from Japan and it was determined that the car needed interior and was the wrong color green. Thus the current owner opted to repaint the car and redo the interior per the original owner. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Joe