Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-31-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Re: yenko deuce

WARNING GUYS!!! AZURI1800 HAS CHANGED HIS USER ID TO TRICKYSBIGWHEELS.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:19 AM

Ebay needs to step up and hire some young wiz kids as well as some prosecuting attorneys and start making some examples. I am fortunate enough to have perfect feedback on Ebay. However, I only sell sportscards from time to time. I can sympathize with the folks who honestly represent a car and then get screwed on a negative feedback. There are guys who make a living traveling the country inspecting cars...find a good one and USE HIM. As for EBAY - you aren't running a mom and pop operation anymore. Start acting like it and go out and get these dirtbags. How many of you guys saw the COPO and tens of other cars with the "$9,000.00 special Buy it Now"? Christ, I could tell it was a scam before I clicked on the link. The monitors at Ebay couldn't? I don't believe it. Lastly, how hard can it be for a multi-million dollar corporation to electronically chase down these people? Thanks for letting me vent here guys but these scumbags are making the muscle car hobby that we have all loved since high school a shady place to be. Step up EBAY! Marc
Old 07-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,015 Posts

Tricky is now high bidder on this JL8 Crossram Z28. Ebay Z28
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 AM

I was lucky enough to get one of these clowns thrown off ePay recently, and even luckier to recover the fees he induced. He had bid the car up and won the auction, then started writing nonsense emails about how I needed to bring the car to various locations, and other stalls. The success came when I pointed out to the ePay reps how the knuck was wreaking havoc with 35 other auctions by bidding the items, almost all vehicles, up with no intention on following through with any payment. He got "das boot" in two days, and my fees were immediately credited. All it took was a little research with the ePay internal search function on what he was bidding on.

Hey Charley, did you have to put a blower on that ford to sell it?

JB
Old 07-31-2004, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tricky is now high bidder on this JL8 Crossram Z28. Ebay Z28

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that car sold quick. Does anyone know the car and is it an original JL8 or was it added to the car?
Old 07-31-2004, 08:19 PM

Yup, sure is a nice car. But, did I read it right? $128KUS for a 69 Z with the wrong interior, headlights that don't function (there's not enough vacuum to open them, but no power brake issues?) and a nonworking clock? Just me, I suppose, but for that kind of money for a non-supercar I'd expect something closer to flawless...

JB
Old 08-01-2004, 01:09 AM

I believe this is a case where somebody hijacked a Ebay ID and hit the "buy it now" on the cross ram Z-28. I should know since they hit the buy button on my car (another 69 Z)that I listed through a local dealer and immediately left negative feedback on the dealer without contact.

Here is the bidding history. On the bottom of the page this "bidder" hit the buy it now on three cars in a short period of time for over $200,000.

Here is a link:

Link
Old 08-01-2004, 03:10 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

JB,

Unlike the Z, I think there may be real money on the Nova as of now. Looks like at 8:00 EST we will have perhaps the best Yenko 350 Nova sold - and for a world record price at that. The new owner will have bragging rights to boot. I will be tuned in and cannot wait for the outcome. Good luck to the bidders! Funny I recall about 4 years ago a red one sold at BJ, with the auctioneer yelling "Ladies and Gentlemen this Deuce is loose - and selling all the way"!!!

Old 08-01-2004, 03:31 PM

update i got from the nova nationals,the car again took a 'gold level' award, scoring above 900 points out of 1,000 & was 1st runner up in it's class.... good luck to anyone from th SYC site who may be bidding...
Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 AM

Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,176 Posts

Congrats to the New owner who bid $109,960.00,& to PJ on the Very indepth & descriptive pictures as well.