Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1970 HemiCuda clone not yet completed

An opportunity has come up for me to purchase one of those long stashed away rare Muscle Cars that I’ve bugged the guy about selling for many years… but I’m short about $100K of play money. I decided to try a quick offering of the least valuable/most expendable of my Cudas and Corvettes (1970 Barracuda/Cuda Clone and 1966 Corvette 427/425 roadster / both are ongoing projects) to see if there are any serious buyers out there. I am only willing to sell one car, but both are definitely available until one sells or until I scare up some extra cash from another source….. I consider you guys serious car enthusiasts and collectors, so these are only going to be mentioned on this site, no other sites or Ebay games to play here. I will list them in two separate listings to avoid discussion confusion….

Finish this project or I can complete it for you (at additional cost, of course):
Originally a 1970 Barracuda blue plate California car, factory 318 , 3 speed, 8 ¾ rear but soon to be Hemi Clone or ?? This was an essentially rust free never hit unmolested bone stock one owner solid car to start with. Broadcast sheet, owner history docs, etc. I think I purchased it in 2000 and drove it until March of 2006. It retains all original body panels (even the shaker hood is made out of the original flat hood from this car), except for the rear valance with dual exhaust cutouts (OEM part, not repro).

Without going into extensive detail, here is the current status: Full rotisserie resto/creation. Body and paintwork is done except for final paint on shaker hood and electrometric bumpers. Originally EF8 green but I changed to FJ6 Sassy Grass Green to match my AAR (besides, I love that flashy color). Factory non-vinyl top but car is prepped for a vinyl top to be installed. Torque boxes installed. Most all of the hardware, nuts, bolts, suspension, etc. has been cad-plated, phosphate-plated, nickle-plated, powder coated, painted, etc. Front K frame and suspension ready to install. Brand new Dana 60 3.54 Sure-grip (Strange Engineering) ready to install. Wilwood four wheel disc brakes. Interior in progress and includes new carpet, seat covers, foam, etc. New brake/fuel lines, gas tank, etc. installed. Factory undercoat was left in place (too nice to remove) and ready for a final shot of undercoat to overspray the new brakes lines, torque boxes, etc. for factory look.

Loads of excellent condition factory original parts for this car and repro parts as well.

Lots of work already done (original dash pad restored, front suspension assembled, correct 1970 A-833 four speed completely rebuilt, etc.) but still some work yet to do. Original rally gauges not yet restored, glass not installed, Pistol Grip shifter not yet restored, etc. Factory stick shift car so no conversion needed for 4 speed installation.

Engine?? I was planning on installing a crate Hemi in this car but have not purchased one yet. Included in this package is a built-from-scratch with all brand new high quality parts (including block) 493 cubic inch (built on 440 block) 550 HP on engine dyno complete engine. I ran this engine in one of my AAR’s for about 1000 miles before restoring that car back to original. This is a stump-pulling engine that is very fun on the street. Built to run on pump gas and be dependable as well. Close to $15k spent to build this engine alone. I also will include a complete TTI 3” exhaust system (headers all the way to rear pipes) that I used when this engine was in the AAR.

Obviously there is much more detail to discuss, but knowledgeable enthusiasts get the basic concept at this point. I have over $70k invested in what is offered here, not to mention the amount of time and effort I personally spent getting to this point. This wasn’t being built to be sold and I didn‘t penny-pinch on anything.

To avoid clogging up this site with unnecessary congestion, feel free to contact me directly on my home at 707-665-0426 (it’s a listed number in Petaluma directory) or email me directly at [email protected] and I will try to respond as quickly as time allows. For those that don’t know me, you can check out my Ebay feedback (Ebay name: hubleyman) and see that I always strive to be open and honest about all my dealings in life.

PICTURES: If I was computer savvy I would probably have a website or some way to host pictures. For now I’m only able to email some to interested parties…….

PLEASE, serious callers only and no picture collectors! My time has been very limited as of late and as much as I love to chat, I don’t have very much extra time to spare right now.

PRICE: $75,000.00 +/- cash, cash, cash…… feel free to ridicule me or not, but there has to be a price to work with. I’m not willing to give this car away to get another, so it won’t be cheap no matter what…..

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!! Charles Clifton
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 414388-gaugepic.JPG 411236-myassistant.JPG 411235-goodlookingkid.JPG 411234-lastshotbeforeinstall.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...