Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-18-2015, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Barrett Jackson is on fire

The Howard Hughes 53 Buick that he paid 1.5 million for just sold for 100K. Ouch!
Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been out all evening, how has the money on Ron Pratt's cars been? </div></div>

Many have not met reserve or have sold for less than what he paid for them.

Pratt bought the Super Snake for 5.5 mil and bidding only went up to 4.7-did not meet reserve.

He paid 4 million for the Futureliner and then had it restored ( I would say another 1 mil easily) and it only sold for 4 mil
Old 01-18-2015, 01:56 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Howard Hughes 53 Buick that he paid 1.5 million for just sold for 100K. Ouch! </div></div>

I doubt he cares..his high dollar accountants had it set up so if he sold at a loss he takes a tax break. Pratt did not become billionaire by being stoopid.

I would even venture to say he has it set up where he even makes money..he writes off the full price of the Futureliner, I bet it's storage, ad all associated cost that he had including employees he hired to take care of it.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:07 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Howard Hughes 53 Buick that he paid 1.5 million for just sold for 100K. Ouch! </div></div>

I doubt he cares..his high dollar accountants had it set up so if he sold at a loss he takes a tax break. Pratt did not become billionaire by being stoopid.

I would even venture to say he has it set up where he even makes money..he writes off the full price of the Futureliner, I bet it's storage, ad all associated cost that he had including employees he hired to take care of it. </div></div>
I agree that he probably does not care, in fact when you bundle the entire collection, I am sure that he did very well.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsixman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is the dark haired buyer in the balcony from Florida that has purchased several cars? I have seen him on BJ tv coverage before. He has purchased everything from muscle cars to heavy cars of the 50s. I believe they mentioned that he has an auto museum. </div></div>

Perhaps you are referring to John Staluppi, owner of Cars of Dreams Museum?

Old 01-18-2015, 02:56 AM
Yenko Paid Member

http://www.johnstaluppibiography.com/
Old 01-18-2015, 02:59 AM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]
Some guys are stuck in a time zone.
My Brother still has a duck tail hair style from the 80's and I bug him about it every time, will he change NO. LOL
Old 01-18-2015, 05:26 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Howard Hughes 53 Buick that he paid 1.5 million for just sold for 100K. Ouch! </div></div>

I would even venture to say he has it set up where he even makes money..he writes off the full price of the Futureliner, I bet it's storage, ad all associated cost that he had including employees he hired to take care of it. </div></div>

This. Rich people live differently and by different rules than the rest of us.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 PM

Thanked 1,689 Times in 502 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969L78Nova</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.johnstaluppibiography.com/ </div></div>

This guy is a big deal in the NY car scene and around the country...
I did some business with a few of his dealership back in the day...it was interesting [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 01-18-2015, 02:43 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HO455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what happened to this 1971 Olds 442 …it seems to have disappeared from the auction. This was the nicest Olds in the auction in my opinion. It was restored by Troy Thornton but it appears he pulled it from the auction. Maybe he sold it before it was set to be auctioned?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-181077 </div></div>

I know there were paperwork issues with a red W30 vert they did in 2013 - doctored docs if you will (not Thornton's fault) - same thing? Or maybe it just sold on the floor before the stage? Is that possible at BJ? Anyways there was much commentary in 2013 in a BJ thread here on the docs for the 357k(!!) W30 red vert but, lo and behold, all negative commentary has since been stripped from the thread...sometimes this site is funny like that - certain cars are &quot;protected&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]