Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: ZL-1 # 40 on Ebay

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all so friggin goofy. A MILLION for a muscle car??? I still don't care. One day in 20 years when my Deuce is worth a half million because Yenko Camaros are bringing two million. I will still drive in bumper to bumper traffic in the ghetto like I did this afternoon and still beat the piss out of it at SCR27. This is what they were meant to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but it's easy to say that when you didn't pay the half million for the car. If you paid what the car was worth, would you really be driving it that often? Especially if it was your life's savings you had invested in the car because you always wanted one!

[/ QUOTE ]

To late not to sound like a jerk Jeff. First of all, I don't know what you paid for your JL8 nor do I care but I paid a pretty penny for my Deuce and have thousands more in it in improvements over the past year and a half. Might actually be more money than you have in the JL8 that you have been restoring for the past 15 years. I will say it again. I don't give a $hit how much money I have in the car. It is getting driven like the MF was stolen. That is the bottom line. IT IS ONLY A CAR. It is insured and already a restored car so it can be restored again. If you have to worry and stay up at nights worrying about the car the "you have spent your life savings on" maybe you should change your priorities, sell it, and improve your quality of life.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 AM

Of course all the Yenko,COPO and Zl-1 owners better hope that Charley Lillard doesn't bring from his stable what is without a doubt the worlds fastest muscle car ever made and can be bought today at any affilated dealer for 200K all day long to the Supercar Yenko shindig and cut 11.50 ETs all day long capped up and on street tires with the A/C on and Frank Sinatra in the CD player while he does business on his cell phone! It has 604 HP and 738 FT pounds of torque from the factory right off the showroom floor and is under warranty......

I refer of course to the one and only ZL-1 soul crushing camaro killing Mercedes AMG SL 65 of course. For 200K you can walk into any Mercedes dealer and buy history's most powerful muscle car. It will even have the original engine. LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 09:05 AM

Yeah but people will still think you are a sissy if you pull up in a lame ass Damler thingy...and he would probably get beat up by a bunch of people.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:06 AM

I wish the bottom would drop out of the "muscle car market" I have $3000.00 (three thousand)in my camaro.I could have bought the blue 69 RS ZL-1 1n the eighties for $45,000 but I would have had to sell my camaro to finance the sale.I thought about it very hard, because I knew what the future value would be of the one of two 69 ZL-1's made,but decided I was happy with my car,I didn't care about the money,I cared about the car.and besides if I wanted a faster car I could all ways build it to be faster,But I couldn't make the ZL-1 a convertible. I haven't put a penny in my car in 20 years and because of that it's mostly all original.I could be happy with this one car for the rest of my life.I have been able to turn down the offers to buy my camaro, but now with the prices the way they are my wife is getting more insistent for me to sell it.I don't know how much longer I can hold out. so I wouldn't care if the bottom fell out.sorry I hd to vent.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,082 Times in 1,074 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but people will still think you are a sissy if you pull up in a lame ass Damler thingy...and he would probably get beat up by a bunch of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I gave you a ride in it you would cry like the little baby you are...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:48 AM

12 cyl geez,that thing has to be brutal. but it's not the same as the 60's factory high perf.My BMW is faster then my SS396.But I can't hardly burn any rubber in my BMW.I can barely here the engine.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:23 AM

well it should be that fast for having 12 cylinders!!!......as far as crying like a little baby when riding in it, DONT THINK SO!!! try turning left and right at EXTREMELY high speed, then we would see who cries like a baby...........i understand he primarily goes STRAIGHT in the car, right??????
Old 08-18-2005, 04:28 PM

Thanked 1,233 Times in 577 Posts

IMO...

About 25 years ago the shoe box guys were going nuts and prices were on the climb. That was a vastly different time then with the national economy, higher bank interest rates, a stronger stock market and other factors-keeping cash and car prices in check.

Today the demographics have changed. The Boomers are fighting for an ever shrinking piece of nostalgia and youth-the best of which is the great American Supercar. The current economy is just off a stock market climb that ran alongside the birth of the computer and the tech bubble burst back in 2000 along with stock prices.

In 2005 I say situation normal. There will be some hyping of prices from time to time, but the current market reflects who we all are right now.

Prices only took off again about 6 years ago and went sky rocketing over the last 2 years.

If you can wait a few years prices will level out and fall as cars again come to market in mass except the boomer generation will then be in decline.

There will always be a market for these cars I think in a few years just a shrinking segment.

Do you really think Greenspan would say this market is sustainable?? Simple economics 101 will answer that question.

So:

If you got the car on the cheap years ago then enjoy it.
If you paid Big $$$ recently and you could do that then enjoy it.

In 50 years we will mostly all be dead by then so now having one of these cars is simply the price of the good life now.

Oh yea-Charlie I want to be like you when I grow up.....
Old 08-18-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To late not to sound like a jerk Jeff. First of all, I don't know what you paid for your JL8 nor do I care but I paid a pretty penny for my Deuce and have thousands more in it in improvements over the past year and a half. Might actually be more money than you have in the JL8 that you have been restoring for the past 15 years. I will say it again. I don't give a $hit how much money I have in the car. It is getting driven like the MF was stolen. That is the bottom line. IT IS ONLY A CAR. It is insured and already a restored car so it can be restored again. If you have to worry and stay up at nights worrying about the car the "you have spent your life savings on" maybe you should change your priorities, sell it, and improve your quality of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Frank, now you sound like a jerk. Apparently you have money grwoing on trees or access to an unlimited bank account. Like a lot of regular people, I don't have access to funds like you do. Why do you think I'm driving a 1988 4Runner every day, because I like it? I have sacrificed all my income the last 6-7 years to make my crossram JL8 car a reality. But when it's done, I'll be nervous about driving it in NJ because the chances are very high something bad will happen. I know insurance will cover any damage, but I'm not waiting another 5 years to have it fixed again. And you have no idea how much I have invested in my car and it's probably more than you do in your car so get off your soapbox. You can't join any discussion in a civil manner, can you. I apologize to others reading this but Frank is way out of bounds with his attitude!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Alot of talk of comapring performance of the 71 Hemi-cuda and a ZL1 camaro. Lets not forget they were produced for 2 completely different reasons. The Zl1 was produced to compete against the 68 Hemi SS cars. If you want to compare performance, that in my opinion is a better comparison. Street Hemis weren't designed to race ZL1's. But the race hemi sure can. Patrick