Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Berger Chevrolet

Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 1966 Berger Chevelle SS 427/435

I have been able to track down the first owner of this car. It was bought new from Berger by a man from Macon, GA. The car was a 396/360 hp car. Berger installed 427 heads, solid lift cam, tunnel ram intake with dual holley's. It spent most of it's life at drag strips in the southern states through the 70's. The car was striped of it's running gear and left to sit in the corner of the mans shop until the 90's. It was sold to a guy in Arkansas who sold it as is to another guy in Arkansas. This guy never did anything with the car and in 2004 he listed it on eBay. A man from Houston TX buys the car on eBay named Charley Vance. Charley restores the car as close to original except he paints the car dark blue instead of the Marina blue with Marina blue interior is was when new. He also installs a black vinyl top and a black bucket seat interior. After I talked to the guy who sold the car to Charley he said the car had a lot of paperwork. Original bill of sale, window sticker and receipts from Berger when the work was done on the car. This Charley Vance said he didn't have any paperwork except the title stating the cars previous owner was Berger Chevrolet in Grad Rapids MI because he was the first person to ever title and tag the car for the street. I can't understand why Charley would keep the paperwork to a car he no longer owns and never will own again.
What a creep!!!!! All I can say is I own the car and thats the best part. He can keep the paperwork and shove it. I believe he thinks if he gives up the paperwork the car will be worth way more money than what he sold the car for. $30K. Not my fault he had to unload the car and I made the best offer and he took it. He also had the original carb, exhaust manifolds and oil canister that goes to the 427/435 engine that's in the car. He told me he would ship me the parts as part of the deal. The never happened either. Booooo Hooooo! Stick'em Charley. His son's eBay name is "427biscayne". Beware of doing business with these guys. I sure he listed the parts on eBay and sold them.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Being bitter won't get you much. Just realize that there some people like that and move on. Life is to short.....

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Amen John... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm not really bitter, I just wanted to make people aware of this guy. Who would be bitter after buying the car of their dreams. I never really though a 1966 427 Chevelle really was out there. Not only wqas it out there now it belongs to me!!
I love this car!!! I can't wait to take it to Chevell - a - brathion in Goodlettsville TN and up to the Berger All Chevy Show in August.
Life is sweet in a Chevelle that can't be beat!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM

It seems kinda odd to me that &quot;Berger Chevrolet&quot; would be listed as the owner on the title. I own a '69 W-31 that raced as a new car for a little over two years. The sponsoring dealership did NOT title the car--it was raced on C.O. (certificate of origin) and still in inventory. During the car's racing seasons, the original window sticker was in place because technically it was &quot;available and for sale&quot;. I have vintage photos to document.
I have the P-O-P dated February 1971 as delivery date (again this is a 1969) to the first owner and the car had 499 miles on it (also on the P-O-P). On the sales contract to the first buyer, the car is listed as &quot;Company Official Car&quot; with limited warranty. The documentation I have is bullet-proof.
Titling that car would have incurred some cost the dealership.
I'm not sying it didn't happen---but it didn't with my car or
any other &quot;NEW&quot; cars that were race cars from Anderson Olds in
Baltimore, MD, or any other &quot;NEW&quot; dealer-sponsored race cars
that I have researched.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beachbud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not really bitter, I just wanted to make people aware of this guy. Who would be bitter after buying the car of their dreams. I never really though a 1966 427 Chevelle really was out there. Not only wqas it out there now it belongs to me!!
I love this car!!! I can't wait to take it to Chevell - a - brathion in Goodlettsville TN and up to the Berger All Chevy Show in August.
Life is sweet in a Chevelle that can't be beat!!! </div></div>Why are you selling the car of your dreams?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 PM

I have done a lot of work on the Berger Chevelle. I was able to obtain the POP for the car. It was listed on the original ebay listed as having one. The car was titled when new in the state of MI. I have the car listed for sale by the company I own just for inventroy reasons. I would never sell this car.
The car was hit hard on the right front side on Apr. 13, 2013. It is fixable and the guys insurance is fixing the car. AAA insurance has valued the car at $88K and will spend $40K to fix it. It will be pained marina blue and will have the bright blue interior when it
is completed later this summer. [img:right]http://[/img]
Old 05-05-2013, 02:10 PM

more pictures of the wreck.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 662 Posts

Ugh, ouch. What happened? Very pretty in that color.
John 10:30
Old 05-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Now I'm sick to my stomach