Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Old 03-29-2021, 12:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big gear head View Post
You will want to start a thread of your own for that car. It's going to be very interesting to watch as you move forward with this. Be careful about the information that you share until the car is actually in your name and in your possession.

Can't stress this enough either. Too many people just hang onto the old title and don't transfer it into their name for a long time. Do it before you spend another nickel on restoration. I know you said the seller is a friend, but if someone got ahold of the vin when it was displayed and had a fake title made, they could be a big problem.

Damn cool to find that car, so many of us have longed for a find like that for many years. '66 is one of my 2 favorites, '70 being the other. Look forward to a new thread on this when it's time.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (07-22-2023), Tomg (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStopRestoration View Post
I had learned the car was just body paint in the Cove, but I like the look of the Black.

Hope things have been OK with you. I HAVE to see the pics of this car done. Super nice restoration.
The build date on the frame is exactly the same as my '66 SS, but mine was built in Atlanta and had the black out tail panel. May still have been painted at the dealer, but it was over the base color when I sanded it all down.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
Tomg (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Can't stress this enough either. Too many people just hang onto the old title and don't transfer it into their name for a long time. Do it before you spend another nickel on restoration. I know you said the seller is a friend, but if someone got ahold of the vin when it was displayed and had a fake title made, they could be a big problem.

Damn cool to find that car, so many of us have longed for a find like that for many years. '66 is one of my 2 favorites, '70 being the other. Look forward to a new thread on this when it's time.
Thanks, yeah the title is already in his name and will be I'm my name soon enough. I don't mess around with titles. I've had quite a few old cars/trucks and most were from out of state, some only had registrations.
I will be sure to post pics of her when she reaches my garage. I like 70's as well, highest HP year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomg For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (03-29-2021), Xplantdad (03-29-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 02:35 AM

Default Congrats Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomg View Post
Thanks, yeah the title is already in his name and will be I'm my name soon enough. I don't mess around with titles. I've had quite a few old cars/trucks and most were from out of state, some only had registrations.
I will be sure to post pics of her when she reaches my garage. I like 70's as well, highest HP year!
Congrats Tom on the car, really nice to hear of a complete numbers match car in the Slate!
The Following User Says Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
Tomg (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Hope things have been OK with you. I HAVE to see the pics of this car done. Super nice restoration.
The build date on the frame is exactly the same as my '66 SS, but mine was built in Atlanta and had the black out tail panel. May still have been painted at the dealer, but it was over the base color when I sanded it all down.

Hey Thankyou. In the past few weeks I cut and buffed the car. I have just the hood left. Im kinda into another project 67 Malibu driver car so i have been balancing my after work time between this car and the 67. I will probably spend this summer finishing the interior, putting on the vinyl top and sending the trim off to be re-anodized. Should have finished pictures next winter.
The Following User Says Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
Tomg (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStopRestoration View Post
Hey Thankyou. In the past few weeks I cut and buffed the car. I have just the hood left. Im kinda into another project 67 Malibu driver car so i have been balancing my after work time between this car and the 67. I will probably spend this summer finishing the interior, putting on the vinyl top and sending the trim off to be re-anodized. Should have finished pictures next winter.
That's cool you know how to do all that, makes you appreciate the finished product so much more. I'd like to see some pics of both cars. 67 was my all time favorite year. Good luck with both of your cars!
Old 12-31-2021, 12:20 AM

Default Tail Lamps

Finally back working on the car. Tail Lamps were recently assembled because I finally got my aluminum trim I stripped and polished back from anodizing. Most of the parts looked good but I finally spent time over break working a few grills and the ever hard to find eyebrow moldings. Will be sending those off in the new year. In the mean time here is the tail lamps. Alot of time taken to put it all together, put in the correct seals, hardware, and spacers. They fit the car very nice with even gapping all around.

One other thing I think many miss, there is a very small but useful edge gasket that goes around the outside of the bezel to keep a seal between the tail lamp extension and the quarter. Soft seal has a pretty nice reproduction piece to match the original.
Attached Images

Last edited by OneStopRestoration; 12-31-2021 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added Info
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (07-22-2023), mhurd (12-31-2021), mockingbird812 (02-08-2022), Oldss (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:25 AM

Default Head Lamp Trim Paint

Much like the other aluminum trim I also redid all the front end pieces. Here is some paint work. I never fully understand how others spend countless hours on there restorations yet forget how to correctly paint the headlight bezels wings. It takes more time to tape off all the ribs only to make them correct for a malibu. I suppose the thought goes along with the number of cars I see gas tank gaskets put under the straps and not up against the body
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (07-22-2023), mhurd (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:28 AM

Default Bumper Prep

I still cant understand why the Flint assembly plant sequenced and marked the bumpers. I found it amusing that the 28 mark on the rear bumper could be seen post rechrome. Pretty easy to trace. I will probably be the only person in the cars ownership to know its there.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (07-22-2023), markinnaples (03-31-2022), R68GTO (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the great pics, especially the correct headlight bezel painting. Glad you got back to this car. Guess you have another 4 months before decent driving weather to keep working on it.

Where did you find the correct tail light bezel gasket at the body ? All I ever see is the solid ones, with no cut out relief for the bend and they buckle. I cut mine and it isn't very noticeable, but it's still there and bugs me.
1967 Camaro ss/rs