Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Day 2 Tire Size Question

I just picked up a set of Cragar s/s wheels for my car which are 15x6 fronts and 15x7 rears so my question is will a 235-60-15 be to big for the 15x6 wheels in the front which are the tires i had on my old rally rims
Thanks for any help
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Day 2 Tire Size Question

What I do is write down the tire's measurements (height, cross section, tread width) (from Summit or Coker, etc.) and then measure the wheel's backspace (mounting hub to inner-rim edge) and then measure the wheelwells and start fabricating the setup in my mind. If the rim is without a tire you can mount just the rim and measure the distances and just look to see if a certain tire will fit. It also depends on how new/old/worn/stiff your front coils are and what the ride height is. Measure the wheels and tires on there now and compare that to the tire/wheel you want to run. It varies from car to car so one guy might say they'll work and another will say they'll rub. Doing all that measuring is better than watching anything on TV this week.