Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Rebody

Charley asked everyone specifically to stay out if this for the time being. Seeing he owns the site, I think any opinions posted are disrespectful to him. Also, rarely are all the facts spelled out on this type of post so I imagine there are other factors at play. I plan to keep my mouth shut until told I can do otherwise(ironically, after this post).

Jason
Old 06-15-2015, 12:46 AM

Sorry for the delay, I read Jason's post earlier but had a family event, which is now over.

I have been part of the Yenko club and this website for more than 13 years. We do strive for honesty and integrity as well as to treat all customers in a fair and respectful manor and just the same way we/I would want to be treated under similar circumstances.

This situation went from campfire kumbaya to defcon III in less than 24 hours.
Some of the info provided is accurate, some is not and some is still unknown at this point.

Up until this past Friday afternoon, I had thought we were on the same page.

"Nickey" did act as agent broker for the 1968 Camaro Jason purchased.

There is a contract which governs the transaction as well as provides a remedy for potential disputes.

There are, multiple, emails, facebook messages, PMs, texts and phone conversations regarding this issue and most all point towards acceptance and resolution until Jason abruptly changed his mind. I have always intended to try and resolve the issue and per his agreement I thought we had.

It turns out that he wants to go to GoodGuys and buy another car, so he made some demands which IMO are not reasonable and he furthermore threatened to tarnish our good name and reputation if I did not meet those demands, immediately.

He informed me that he had legal representation as well as other "experts" and that if I did not meet his demands that he would start a smear campaign on the Internet to includeYenko.net. I advised that I take all threats about our business and reputation seriously and that it was better to work it out between us, but he chose to end the conversation/communication.

We would never knowingly sell anyone a bad car or a rebody without full disclosure. Whether a $32,000.00 or a $320,000.00 car.

We always recommend an independent inspection and opinion other than our own.

I am sorry that this has happened but we did not do anything illegal, immoral or unethical. We did not falsely advertise or miss-represent the car. I as well as the consignor knew nothing about the car being rebodied.

Jason even agreed that had he known up front he would have still purchased the car and had no issues because it was not a numbers matching car.

This is a complicated situation as, there is a lien holder and a title to be purified. The fact that there are two vins on the car subjects it to an inspection by the Secretary of State police. Jason has driven and used and modified the car for a year/season.

Just as a point of info, Jason did contact Bob Trez, one of the prior owners, long before this became an issue who did inform him that he "believed" the car had been rebodied during the restoration. It would have been appropriate to have this info sooner rather than later.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 AM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

I am unlocking so Jball can respond then I am locking it up. Those of us on the outside only know a fraction of the details. There are two sides to every story. Apparently the legal system will decide so I am locking this thread. None of us can give a qualified opinion without all the facts. It can be unlocked if either of the parties need to respond but please keep it between the involved parties.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 AM

Last time I am going to ask CopoCartel. Please take my message seriously.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:24 AM

Ok,

Couple of points:

1. I never threatened Stefano or Nickey with a "smear" campaign.

All I said is if he took the car back there would be no mention on Facebook or Yenko and he could resell the car with a disclosure. I was trying to keep this between him and I.

2. Fact: I was sold a car with two VIN's. The Bill of Sale i have does not match this car due to hidden VIN's.
3. Fact: I found out about the rebody <span style="font-weight: bold">AFTER</span> the purchase of the mentioned vehicle.

4. Fact: Stefano and I did chat, he offered me a new sub frame and an N34 wheel to make this go away. After speaking to my wife and explaining that we can't legally sell the car as is and speaking with others, I realized keeping the car was not a viable option.
5. The legal system of The Attorney General, State Police, and Dealer of Motor Vehicle Bureau will resolve this situation.

End of discussion.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:44 AM

I would like to make another attempt to resolve the issue at hand.

Return the car to our facility, so that we can inspect the the car along with the proper authorities. The Secretary of State visits us on a regular basis.

We will disclose any issues we find and resell the car and not charge for our services.

It is my opinion that if you get it back to us right away, we can sell it relatively soon for what you paid.

It's a good Camaro for the money and we know it's got a good body on it.