Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-13-2021, 02:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yes that pad is a restamp. Comparing a May stamping with a Dec stamping is also not a sure way of authenticating. I like to compare it to same day stampings or other December stampings. There are differences.
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonesy For This Useful Post:
BULLITT65 (12-13-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,082 Times in 357 Posts

Up to $37K now. A decent price for a clone still.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:27 PM

A quick question regarding the VIN stamps on these 68 Chevrolet Blocks.
In reviewing what is a REAL stamping at start of this thread. On the "M" is the middle of the "M" supposed to be all the way to the bottom of the character or have we seen some where the middle only travels 1/2 or slightly more down as in the car sold on BAT...Reason I ask is I have a 68 Z all original that had the block decked and re-stamped WAY WAY back in the day...The party had access to original GM stamps locally (Detroit)...This was normal many many years ago...My characters on the pad look exactly as the BAT car does...I mean exactly...every character...I was surprised and happy to see that...I am just trying to clarify as when I sell/market my LOS built Z it will be with full disclosure as to this fact...It looks perfect but just curious about the "M"....Have others been seen with the "M" that does NOT have the middle travel to bottom as in the BAT car? Does a LOS built car factor into this at all?
Also.....I posted here before but my car also has a correct Cowl Plenum AC that was added so so long ago...but am unable to find a BOOT for the system...ANY ideas? or any material that anybody knows of that would be somewhat correct, so as to make one? Really need help here...The car would greatly appreciate it as well...No Heartbeat does not have the repro one any longer...Not even sure how correct that one was.....Thoughts.....Thank you SCR....Just a Pontiac Guy looking to the experts on Z's...
Old 12-22-2021, 03:56 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirBirds View Post
A quick question regarding the VIN stamps on these 68 Chevrolet Blocks.
In reviewing what is a REAL stamping at start of this thread. On the "M" is the middle of the "M" supposed to be all the way to the bottom of the character or have we seen some where the middle only travels 1/2 or slightly more down as in the car sold on BAT...Reason I ask is I have a 68 Z all original that had the block decked and re-stamped WAY WAY back in the day...The party had access to original GM stamps locally (Detroit)...This was normal many many years ago...My characters on the pad look exactly as the BAT car does...I mean exactly...every character...I was surprised and happy to see that...I am just trying to clarify as when I sell/market my LOS built Z it will be with full disclosure as to this fact...It looks perfect but just curious about the "M"....Have others been seen with the "M" that does NOT have the middle travel to bottom as in the BAT car?

Both styles have been witnessed throughout the production year.

Quote:
Does a LOS built car factor into this at all?
Assembly date no. Vin yes

Quote:
Also.....I posted here before but my car also has a correct Cowl Plenum AC that was added so so long ago...but am unable to find a BOOT for the system...ANY ideas? or any material that anybody knows of that would be somewhat correct, so as to make one? Really need help here...The car would greatly appreciate it as well...No Heartbeat does not have the repro one any longer...Not even sure how correct that one was.....Thoughts.....Thank you SCR....Just a Pontiac Guy looking to the experts on Z's...
Might try contacting NKR Products and see if they would be willing to sell just the seal.

828-874-2335 6pm - 9:30pm est

Borrowed this photo from Jim as he posted it over on CRG.

I'd like to hear more about your 68 Z. Please pm me with the info as I'd like to add it to my data. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2021, 08:20 PM

Back to the original post, this car sold for $95,000.

Restamps are bringing good money!!
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner