Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-14-2019, 04:19 PM

Yes I knew the guys first name, Rollie. That was it. My uncle only recalled his last name. So now we have first and last name. Going to a smaller rural lic office with that info and car info plus grandfathers info and hopefully I can find out more.

Grandfather passed mid 1980's around 1987 IIRC. Not sure if Rollie is still alive. But now I have some info.

Hell I would pay $500 finders see even if that helps locate the car? Or if it's even still around???
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
Old 10-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
I went to MTO a few months ago and asked for a readout of all the cars I had ever owned.
The girl punched in my info and the machine started typing. I got 6 pages of say 50 cars. I have already located one of my L78 Novas. The girl was surprised on how many sheets were created. She asked me if I was a dealer

She told me I could also get a more detailed report on each car for $2.45.It would be worth effort for someone to get a job there and start digging.

If it is really important to you John you could hire a Private Detective. You could also talk to George or Frank at the GM Vintage Vehicle Services. They may not have any info but maybe an idea on where to look. You could also try any Cadillac forums. Any chance of finding out where the car was serviced?A long shot I know.

Good Luck
Hey Ken, did you know that if any of your cars left the province or country that you may still be the registered owner in Ontario? All you then have to do is pay the $10 for a new ownership. And then buy the car back with no HST.
The Following User Says Thank You to 67BelAir427 For This Useful Post:
ZiggyL78 (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 03:37 AM

[QUOTE=EZ Nova;1466896]Ziggy, you must have did your search with your driver's lic. #, correct?

No idea. The girl at the MTO office was transferring an ownership for me when I asked about my vehicle history report. She already had my license,ownership and insurance slip in front of her. I don't know which one she used to do the search. I would be surprized if someone who lost their priviledge to drive and their license slip was canceled,could not get a vehicle history report. If the MTO office has records going back to the 60s, it would seem weird that they don't have a record of your grandfathers Cadillac.

Where did your grandfather work? Maybe they would have some info.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BelAir427 View Post
Hey Ken, did you know that if any of your cars left the province or country that you may still be the registered owner in Ontario? All you then have to do is pay the $10 for a new ownership. And then buy the car back with no HST.
Hi Marc.

A replacement ownership is a wopping $32 and as if that is not detrimental enough you also need an insurance slip to get a new ownership.To top it all off how are you going to find the car if the guy never updated the ownership?

Great info though.Thanks.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:26 AM

I have kept in touch with a number of new owners of many of the cars I have sold so I know where they are. The insurance slip must be a new requirement that did not exist previously. I was offered up a copy without any question about insurance. The cost is a lot higher now than previously thanks to Kathleen Wynn.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:53 AM

Ken, not sure on when the ownership thing changed as when I bought my 67 Nova last fall, i got an imediate ownership without insurance, but was UNFIT for road going purposed.

Can't be serious about the sold car ownership deal??
Old 10-15-2019, 03:25 PM

Default Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Ken, not sure on when the ownership thing changed as when I bought my 67 Nova last fall, i got an imediate ownership without insurance, but was UNFIT for road going purposed.

Can't be serious about the sold car ownership deal??
If the car is registered in another province then you can't as they trade info. But if the car is another province and has not been registered then you can. Lots of collectors do not register with MTO or the DMV to save sales tax. So if the other jurisdiction does not know about the
sale then in the eyes of the MTO you are still the owner.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BelAir427 View Post
If the car is registered in another province then you can't as they trade info. But if the car is another province and has not been registered then you can. Lots of collectors do not register with MTO or the DMV to save sales tax. So if the other jurisdiction does not know about the
sale then in the eyes of the MTO you are still the owner.
YES you "could" possibly save taxes. But it was looking like IF you sold the car, and the new owner didn't register/change-the-ownership it is still in your name, just go get a new ownership and go collect the car????

Now if who you sold the car is will to sell it back and the ownership hasn't been change, then ya you could possibly save tax $$$. EVERYCAR I have ever dealt with has a strong paper trail with a couple signed off documents. So even when I didn't change the ownership over (like in one of my race/TRACK ONLY CARS) I still had the deposit amount and signed with balance owing. Then balanced PAID IF FULL also signed and dated by 3 signatures and usually a picture or 2. They all sit in a file together and IF somewhere were to come at me after the fact, I have documentation that I bought the car, paid in full, yet haven't transferred the ownership yet. Plus the back of the ownership IS SIGNED off on sale of car as well.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM

I am talking about buying back cars that you previously sold.No one is coming to claim a car that you bought. I sent you a PM .