Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-10-2020, 02:07 PM

That could be yet another reason Vern, like you described. It could be that the classic cars from the 50's and 60's aren't looked at with scrutiny so much by law enforcement.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x33rs View Post
That could be yet another reason Vern, like you described. It could be that the classic cars from the 50's and 60's aren't looked at with scrutiny so much by law enforcement.
Yes, that's probably true.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:57 PM

I was harassed because of my authentic Lic plates. The problem with plates through the years is the same letters/ numbers are re-used. My (76) 1978 plate came up as the current blue plate being registered to a someone in Lansing.
I was pulled over on Woodward. The police on Woodward seem to not like old cars. Ive seen tickets for the dumbest things,
I do now have a letter I carry stating that this authentic plate is for my car from sec of state.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,019 Times in 972 Posts

In Iowa we can install YOM tags with no further action from DMV, just need to have current tags and registration INSIDE the car.

When I asked about out of state YOM tags (Originally issued to the car in the state it came from) the treasures office manager spent 15 minutes researching and then told me no where stated I can't, so it's OK.

Last summer Jani and I took the L79 'Camino to a restaurant for lunch. Five state troopers had met up for lunch, I picked a spot between two trooper's Chargers, seemed safe enough, and I had a window seat view. When they left, one of them bent down to scrutinize my original front CA black tag, then went to the rear to see the rear CA tag, with '67 sticker attached. I thought Uh-Oh, here we go! He got in his car and left.
Most of my cars have YOM tags from other states, I have been followed several time by various cops, never questioned about them.
Bill W