Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-09-2020, 12:20 AM

Default 1983 C-10- 2WD--Shortbox

1983 Chevrolet C-10 Two Wheel Drive Short Bed.
68k original miles with approximately 20k miles on a GM Crate 350 4 barrel.
Originally a 305 which the original owner was not thrilled with. I replaced the Ball Joints last year and they were the original riveted equipment. While I do not have a paper trail to support the mileage I have no reason to believe it is not true based on the body, under carriage and interior.
More pics will be available, taking detailed pics this week end and will share a link with anyone that is interested.

Automatic, PW/PB/PS/Tilt/AC
Red on Red.
$18,500

I purchased this truck at Carlisle PA Chevy Swap Meet seven years ago. It has NEVER seen a grain of salt and has not been wet as long as I have owned it. The person I bought it from brought this truck to Carlisle to sell from South Carolina where it has been owned by one person and very well cared for. The truck has been garaged as long as I have owned it and not driven as much as I probably should have. I looked at dozens of these to find this one and I will stand behind this truck without hesitation. Tough to find one that is a nice stock factory piece and not dropped, tubbed or fitted with after market body parts.

Exterior:
•Dent free and always rust free. At no time has there been body work with the exception of a very strong paint job at some point. There is one very small door ding on the drivers side courtesy of someone that felt he need to park next to me in a very empty lot one day.
•Doors, Rockers, Fenders and Cab Corners are complete factory, never worked.
•Has a 2 inch after market hood on it which fits extremely well.
•Bumpers are very good, not perfect but probably an 8/10 in terms of shine
•Bed is near perfect, not banged up or scratched, does not appear to have ever been worked.
•There is not one bubble or indication of rust on the body now or prior.
•Brand new Cooper 60’s all around, less than 100 miles on them on factory rally wheels that are in excellent condition with no curb rash.

Interior
•New Headliner. Rest of truck is original including red bench seat, dash, instruments, etc….
•Power windows work but are slow, fairly common for this year truck
•Doors shut as new and bottoms of doors show no rust or every having any rust.
•Carpet is excellent, appears to be original.
•After market radio, dash is in tact and was not cut up to accommodate the fit.
•After market gauges installed under dash tastefully (Oil, Temp, Voltage)

Engine and Suspension
•Very strong running 350/4 tied to an automatic transmission
•Dual stainless-steel exhaust, runs and sounds very strong. No smoke or hesitation
•Believed to have a shift kit but not 100% sure on that.
•New upper and lower ball joints replaced 100 miles ago. The original riveted ball joints were still in place at time of service.

Undercarriage
•Spotless. No other way to describe it. It has NOT been fluffed,spray-bombed or undercoated. The factory black paint is still present on most of the frame. Frame horns and radiator support look very close to when this truck left the factory.
•Floors are in the same clean and untouched condition.
•Every nut or bolt on this truck turns freely, not corroded or rusted in any way.

What it needs:
I am aware that nothing is perfect, I have reflected what it needs in the price
•Cable running from the heater controls to the heater box (included)
•Fuel tanks sending unit (included)
•Transmission Seal
•There is a minor chip in the windshield, it was there when I bought it and has not changed
AC will need a charge, not sure if it needs any repairs beyond that. It is not seized.
Trim molding around the windshield appears to be original and could use replacing. I left it alone as I did not want to disturb the originality of the truck but he chrome strip in the rubber has some discoloration.
Attached Images

Last edited by daleone3; 02-09-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry ChevyInt.jpg Chevy1.jpg Chevy engine.jpg C10Int.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

… Nice truck !

… Good luck with the sale

Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,933 Times in 949 Posts

I love this truck!!!! The chrome bed rails so typical of S.E. US trucks.
I am in the habit of going to spring Charlotte AutoFair and am always tempted by the good 'ol SWB trucks for sale.
It's a bit crowded here or I'd be moving on this one. Price is fair, GLWS!!
Old 02-09-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67since67 View Post
I love this truck!!!! The chrome bed rails so typical of S.E. US trucks.
I am in the habit of going to spring Charlotte AutoFair and am always tempted by the good 'ol SWB trucks for sale.
It's a bit crowded here or I'd be moving on this one. Price is fair, GLWS!!
Thank you. Appreciate the commentary on the price. Really was not sure where to set it as prices seem to be high teens/low twenties and need to find someone looking for a pretty stock vehicle. I have a 76 Formula (previously discussed) coming Thursday and would love to keep them both which I may do. Either way thanks for the post