Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - Canada

Old 05-02-2005, 06:06 AM

Default ZL-1 Camaro

George Eaton had a race car for the Can Am series. He was also on the General Motors support list. GM of Canada arranged for a 1969 ZL-1 Camaro to be used for Mr Eaton's race program. The Camaro was sent to Nurse Chev Olds (dealer #95580) in Whitby Ontario. At the dealership the aluminum motor was removed from the Camaro and given to Mr Eaton's race team. Which one, of the Camaro models gave up it's motor is unknown.
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: ZL-1 Camaro

I have one of the aluminum blocks from George Eaton in my 69 camaro that Entec Racing Services has told me that they worked on his cars back in the day, too cool these stories.

mike
Old 05-06-2005, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which one, of the Camaro models gave up it's motor is unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not entirely true. The car was the second of two ZL1 cars shipped into Canada and it is still in Canada today. A few have tried to locate the car to no avail, and I can tell you that it is not for sale. The car has another motor in it now and other than that, the car is pretty much unmolested. I call it an original survivor as it still retains much of its original parts and wears its original laquer paint. The grease pencil marks are still visable on the car and there is a cool story behind the car and how the owner came about purchasing it. It resides in Manitoba and I am not at liberty to share anything more than hat. I can tell you that the current owner has had it since 1974 and he is the second owner.
dykstra (01-15-2024), PeteLeathersac (12-27-2020)
Old 05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

No [censored], A ZL 1 car here in manitoba of all places. Cool.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which one, of the Camaro models gave up it's motor is unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not entirely true. The car was the second of two ZL1 cars shipped into Canada and it is still in Canada today. A few have tried to locate the car to no avail, and I can tell you that it is not for sale. The car has another motor in it now and other than that, the car is pretty much unmolested. I call it an original survivor as it still retains much of its original parts and wears its original laquer paint. The grease pencil marks are still visable on the car and there is a cool story behind the car and how the owner came about purchasing it. It resides in Manitoba and I am not at liberty to share anything more than hat. I can tell you that the current owner has had it since 1974 and he is the second owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any more clues as to which car it is? What color, 4 spd or auto?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:46 AM

i looked at both zl1 lists and only see 1 car going to canada, was this car bought from a u.s. dealer then shipped to canada???
Old 08-30-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It resides in Manitoba and I am not at liberty to share anything more than hat. I can tell you that the current owner has had it since 1974 and he is the second owner.

[/ QUOTE ]Just wondering if this car is in Winnipeg and is actually driven.Cool to think there is a real ZL-1 in Manitoba.But then again there are lots of rare muscle in Winnipeg.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:02 AM

The M40 Canadian Sold ZL1 is here in the Chicago Burbs.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:01 AM

A second ZL1 car sent to Canada?Thats news to me.With all the ZL1 cars VIN's and dealer destinations being public knowledge, where did this Manitoba car come from?.As my friends in Missouri say "show me".The only Canadian car I know of came to Alberta(Bistal motors in Three Hills I think) Le Mans Blue,White Houndstooth,Endura bumper,Tach/gauges,auto,vinyl,#124379N635720.I actually held the original block in my hands back in 1977.While researching our L72 car back in 1990 my business partner saw the car (unrestored and rough cond.)reunited with the OE motor in Lombard Illinois.I still have the guys address and phone # but have never heard what happened to it(like to know).This alleadged Manitoba car had to come from somewhere(if its real),What color,what trans,what vin(all 69#s are public knowledge).I'm talking to a guy whose dad "alleadgedly" owned the blue car at one time and he is seaching his old photos for proof.If it's true I'll display them.I beleive the car and it's motor were separated at an early age.CAR #54 WHERE ARE YOU?
PeteLeathersac (12-27-2020)
Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 AM

Just a dumb Schmuk whose seen a few things.Steve