Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Default 1966 Chevelle Trim Tag

A friend of mine is interested in a 1966 SS396 Chevelle that is currently on e-bay. He is concerned that the trim tag maybe a reproduction. I told him that I wasn't sure. It looks good, but I'm no expert on them. I left off with him that someone on the board would now for sure.

1966 SS396 Chevelle Convertible on e-Bay

Attached Images

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-03-2006, 04:24 AM

Default Re: 1966 Chevelle Trim Tag

I can't vouch for the authenticy of the cowl tag, but I can tell you that if your friend does purchase this vehicle and it turns out to have a fake cowl tag and it is a clone, myself and my law firm can help him recover on his lost -investment value. Http://www.dcdlaw.net/carfraud.htm or call me (Bryan Shook) at 717-975-9446.

I looked at the car it is beautiful, I hope it turns out to be the real mccoy for your friend.

Bryan Shook
Old 10-03-2006, 05:27 AM

The person selling the car is Jamie Furman I beleive, he had a hemi cuda done at aloha and sold it at barrett 2 years ago i have met him he seems like a stand up guy. you can get the number to metro pawn in va info. call him and ask about the car. also maybe spend the money and get a chevelle guru to look at it. my 2 cents..

richard
Old 10-03-2006, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't vouch for the authenticy of the cowl tag, but I can tell you that if your friend does purchase this vehicle and it turns out to have a fake cowl tag and it is a clone, myself and my law firm can help him recover on his lost -investment value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be better to verify the tag, BEFORE you purchase.
Good to know though, if you just "throw caution to the wind" and buy it,
these guys will be with you, at your side for the next 2-3 years while you sue the seller.
No need for the lawyers to keep advertising - we know where to find them.

Based on that picture, I don't get a warm feeling about the tag.
See if you can get a much more detailed picture without all the shadows.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:07 AM

It's being discussed here as well.

Eric
Old 10-03-2006, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also maybe spend the money and get a chevelle guru to look at it. my 2 cents..

richard

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right!! Feel free to have your friend email me if interested in having it looked at in person or otherwise. I know a thing or two about 66 SS's

[email protected]

Mike Crown
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 AM

I was just wondering if the LAW FIRM that is advertising to represent people here! are you BOARD CERTIFIED in CLASSIC CAR INSPECTIONS AND LITIGATION.If you guys are EXPERTS then you should be able to tell if the trim tag is real or not!If you are not EXPERTS why would we want to RETAIN a LAW FIRM that isn't BOARD CERTIFIED or not EXPERTS!The guy just asked a simple question about a trim tag and BAM! Now Lawyers are popping up wanting to represent you in a CASE!If this is what is becoming of the hobby I am never going to sell another part to anyone with fears of being sued!Like the other guy said we know where to find a Lawyer when we need one!I hope to think that most people in the Hobby are good honest people!Not CROOKS! And the main point is BEFORE YOU BUY MAKE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE BUYING IS REAL AND NOT A CLONE OR REPOP!I agree that in some cases an Attorney may be needed but those are not that often,and if we need an ATTORNEY maybe we just should be able to look at the sponsors section and one would be there advertising there services if needed and not trolling the pages looking for a case or a client.If your Law Firm is needing cases that bad maybe you need some Ambulance Chasers!

Bobby Dodson
Old 10-03-2006, 07:16 AM

I agree 100% with what he said!!!!!

Russ...
Old 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM

It was not my intention here to cause any problems.

There is no board certifcation or in Classic Car Inspections or Litigation that is accepted by the Pennsylvania Bar. I only use the best experts in these classic car cases. I am an enthusiast, but not an expert. I understand every aspect of a motor vehicle and furthermore and more importantly I'm a collector and I understand car collecting. I feel bad for guys who get burnt spending their hard earned cash on these cars in today's market and end up getting burnt. The Chevelle in this eBay auction looks outstanding to me from a casual observer's standpoint and I felt that the prospective buyer should have the piece of mind to know that if something does go wrong and it's not a legit car than he does have some recourse.

Collector car fraud and misrepresentation is becoming too much. As the value of these cars increase, so it seems that the amount of fakes being passed off increases as well. I apologize if I offended anyone or we ended up derailing this very useful thread. My firm has been able to help and/or give advice to a good number of members on this board. The collector car section of the firm is a recent addition in response to the growing concerns of collector car enthusiasts much like you and me who are worried about "what if" I get burnt on my next purchase.

I believe this site is one of the best on the web and its the diversity of the membership that makes it that way; some of us are attorneys, some of us are doctors, some of us are business owners, some of us are construction workers, but on here we are all enthusiasts!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:23 PM

You didn't really cause any problems I was a little HARSH in my response. The guy was looking for a response to the trim tag then you replied your comment.If the guy had said my buddy just bought this car and he thinks he got ripped offf and is looking for advice and maybe help in making a decision as to what to do! Then your post would have been right inline to let the guy know you probably can assist him in deciding what he should do.I just thought the post from you was jumping the gun way to fast.If I offended you in my response I apology for that,your post just sorto got under my skin there for a minute.I am sure you and the firm you are affiliated with are able to help many in the car field and hope you continue to serve the people needing served.Just wait till they need serving,get with the SCR and put a sponser add for aLL to see,and if someone comes on the site looking for help then bamn there you are first inline to assist them.Again sorry If I offended you in my post keep on collecting cars and keep on helping collectors that need help with your services

Bobby Dodson