Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 06:07 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default 1969 1970 3909879 & 3916178 exhaust manifolds - no smog - JUL & AUG 69 dates

Oh gosh Friends, where do I start with this one...

I'll say that I got to the shop yard about fifteen minutes too late it seems...

GAH.

So, it always seems the 879 / 3909879 side manifold is the hard one to find...

I've had many more 178 / 3916178 manifolds than the other, anyway...

I get there and they're stripping this motor that is clearly a very recent take out of what looks like a low mile 'barn find' that is being "restored"...

They sawed off the exhaust to pull the motor, cut all the hoses and looked like they took about ten minutes to pull it without regard for documenting or even taking general care IMO. They had just gotten these manifolds off - threw away the bolts, literally over the fence and said that I could buy them; there wasn't much there that was "buy-able" after I gasped at what I saw on the 879 one... they took a grinder and started to "clean them up" - apparently they were going to polish them like some do with intakes and chrome them?!... I freaked out internally, but apparently not internally enough because they weren't too friendly after that and wouldn't really let me add to my pile that I made which consisted of two GM boxes of NOS chrome tips (in another listing here)...

Anyway, as they say this is what it is...

These 'are' (178 side) and 'were' (879 side) a very nice matched pair of exhaust manifolds off the same car with the original heat riser and studs and bolts; just like you want to find them.

But the damage to the 879 is terrible IMHO - not quite fatal, but may as well be...

So, I've priced them accordingly - there's value in the studs and nuts and riser... but gosh these were clean!

I'm just charging for the 178 really and the 879 is included near gratis...

400.00 PPG for the pair plus shipping.

I'm sure the 879 can be used, maybe even reconstructed cosmetically... it will still function as intended of course and any needed repair is not structural.

Lots of detailed photos below, just be warned.

178 DATED G-9-9 = July 9, 1969
879 DATED H-11-9 = August 11, 1969

Some things just turn your stomach, you know?...

Cheers everyone,
Anthony
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4310.jpg IMG_4309.jpg IMG_4308.jpg IMG_4307.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Closed Thread