Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Reply Price $ Update Bump Mark Sold

Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 AM

Default Romping Stomping Home Brewed 572 Shortblock!

Yikes. Someone buy this before I decide to dumb it down (detune it) and put it in my Nova! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

The short block is all new and it is not a GM crate motor. Instead, I hand picked the pieces. This is an extreme power, reliable street-capable pump gas shortblock that can be used in conjunction with a 250 HP nitrous kit. $8250 OBO (less than the cost of the part)s. Everything is new and never fired. If someone wants to buy it without the Jesel belt drive and without the roller cam, my asking price is $6,950. I can ship anywhere (have a dedicated crate just for this piece).

The 572 is a custom build with all new high end hardware including the following components:

Block: Chevy 10.200-inch tall deck CNC Bow Tie casting (one piece rear main; Mk. IV deck). 4.560-inch bore. Splayed iron caps. All of the (many) little plugs, fittings and associated parts are included and installed as well as GMPP cam bearings. The block is powder coated, then machined. I also have the CNC report on the block.

Crankshaft: Callies 4.375-inch stroke, internal balance Magnum. Stock size mains and rods. One-piece rear main seal; double keyway on snout (for blower drive if needed).

Connecting Rods: GM Performance Parts 6.535-inch center-to-center H-Beam. Includes pin oilers, bronze bushed and ARP capscrews. GMPP sources these rods from Manley.

Bearings: GM Performance Parts rods, mains and cam bearings. Std-Std. Rod and Main bearings are manufactured for GMPP by Clevite.

Pistons: CP custom flat top with 3cc notch. 1.4775 compression height. .990 X 2.935-inch pin. Double spiral locks. Top grove is 0.0435; 2nd is 0.064; oil is 0.188. There’s a buffer machined between the grooves. Top Ring is a down. Setup for N20. Piston weight: 615 grams. Piston to wall works out to 0.005-inch.

Wrist Pins: CP pins w/ 0.990 diameter X 2.935-inch length

Rings: Hellfire 0.043-inch top. Back-cut 0.064-inch second. Low tension 3/16-inch oil.

Camshaft: Crane Cams mechanical roller (Gen VI snout). .737-inch lift intake; .727-inch lift exhaust; advertised duration intake: 314-degrees; advertised duration exhaust: 324-degrees; 0.050-inch duration intake: 274-degrees; 0.050-inch duration exhaust: 284-degrees; ground on a 110 l/c. Cam was ground for this application and for an engine this size, it's actually pretty tame.

Cam Drive: Jesel Gen VI belt drive

Here's some pix (this is a <span style="font-weight: bold">piece</span> guys...it will rotate your earth...L-O-L).

And by the way, I also have a set of high flow Big Brodie Extra &quot;O&quot; CNC ported heads, a matching intake, a Holley Dominator and other bits to finish it off. Ready to deal! And I'll consider a LS7 or LS6 454 crate motor or a used L72 or a used '70 LS6 or a second design L88 shortblock in trade (numbers don't matter).

Thx Yenko Net!

Call me if you're interested: 250-738-0530 (west coast)

or e-mail: wscraba&quot;at&quot;telus.net
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...