Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-15-2015, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Car for Sale Misrepresentation

The only analogy I can draw is like selling a vintage watch and the customer having it tested and expecting it to keep time on par with the Naval Observatory Clock.

Its an old car, I bought a car similar high $ car, in fact an award winning car that won every award in sight 6-10 years ago that did not qualify for Legends this year due to the natural age of things getting a little bit of fuzz around the edges. When I got it, it barely ran, leaked from the valve covers and the clutch chattered. All the more reason to go delve deeper into it, brush off old tuning knowledge buried years ago, and see what makes it tick. I love smelling like old hydrocarbons when I come in from the barn at night. Makes me feel young again, and I got it running like a champ- that's my reward. You can do it!!

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 07-15-2015, 01:31 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69LM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was having a hard time with this one. So many things are subjective on these old cars, and one mans standards can be way different than another's.

The ad being deleted was my first hmmmmm moment.

However, when the OP stated that he had picture proof that the carb that he was shown pictures of on the car was not the carb that came on the car, that was a clincher for me.

To swap out ANY parts after a car is sold, for any reason, and not get buy in from the new owner is downright fraud in my book.

To the OP.... My opinion is that the clutch, seat and leaks are all items that you would have a hard time suing the seller over. Even the possible valve issues as he could say the car was fine when it left.

I would recommend that if you indeed have photo evidence of a carb swap out, and you felt it justified to go after the seller, that you use the fraud of swapping parts as the reason.

It will cost you more in stress, money and time however than just fixing the small items, even if you have to ship the car to a big city to have the work done.

I am sure the mopar guys here can point you in the right direction.

Rich

</div></div>

Rich, I have the proof...that's not a problem. Danny finally admitted doing the swap after I told him I had proof and what kind of proof that I had. Before I mentioned the proof, he constantly denied it. I have proof of his reluctant admittance also. I won't sue the seller because it will cost me more in litigation than fixing the car. I'm sure he knows that too, that's why he's keeping his head buried in the sand. Also, He lives in Canada and I'm in the US without a passport which makes it hard. My only hope is these great boards and getting my word out. Maybe I can eventually get through to him that a little money is not worth your reputation and doing the right thing is always the best thing. But just the fact that I was willing to pay for the first $1,000 in repairs and he wouldn't accept that offer should tell everyone here about this guys character. I'm sure that he's getting a big chuckle out of this knowing I can't/won't sue him but that's fine....I believe in Karma.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know either of these folks but I do want to remind everyone of the &quot;rule&quot; stated at the top of the For Sale section. Seems like a simple enough thing to do...&quot;to make it right-or not be able to post here any more&quot;.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We still have the satisfaction guarantee rule. If it is yours you need to stand behind what you are selling or risk being able to post here.</div></div>

</div></div>

As usual, Bruce has hit the nail right on the head..... XXXBlackLS6M22 needs to make this right to CAJ's satisfaction or be banned from using this sight. Blatantly misrepresenting a car for sale here should just not be tolerated and Mr. Pascoe I also agree with you that a few bad apples are going to ruin it for everyone. I truly hope that Danny makes this right for everyone's sake!

1970Camaro Z28
Old 07-15-2015, 10:59 AM

I love this site..but, I am going to question the policy here...

Why when another person recently purchased a rebodied car from a member/dealer here, was NOONE permitted to add thier opinions and it was clearly stated to wait and let the seller respond..and then the thread was locked...

in this case it seems anyone is permitted to state thier opinion without the seller yet responding...

..and did the buyer get satisfaction on that rebodied car as stated in the policy here???

...just saying...
Old 07-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Nothing was done about my rebody.

I was actually told by Charlie &quot;go find a new place to play&quot; The reason the thread was locked is simple. He is protecting his buddy.

The good news is I have met a ton of folks out of this and all of them have been willing to help in any way they can. Yes this was a setback but I'm still very thankful for all the new friends I have met here. I now know how to take a cowl off a car and look at hidden VINS now. Each show I learn something new. Thanks to the members here at SYC that have stood up for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this site..but, I am going to question the policy here...

Why when another person recently purchased a rebodied car from a member/dealer here, was NOONE permitted to add thier opinions and it was clearly stated to wait and let the seller respond..and then the thread was locked...

in this case it seems anyone is permitted to state thier opinion without the seller yet responding...

..and did the buyer get satisfaction on that rebodied car as stated in the policy here???

...just saying... </div></div>
Old 07-15-2015, 12:52 PM

This guy must be more of a non-Mopar person....I don't know him. To all members looking at a Mopar near Toronto.....I would be happy to go check it out for you. I know them inside-out. Not strong on any other brand as far as stampings etc....but getting there.

So what was this car? Was it a 440-4, a Hemi - what?
Old 07-15-2015, 01:49 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Goodbye Jball. You had asked me to ban you but I tried to ignore it. Now you are banned like you asked. Stefano tried to work things out with you. It takes two usually to make something work. I'm tired of you accusing me of this crap. Find somewhere else for your juvenile accusations.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:58 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this site..but, I am going to question the policy here...

Have you seen the seller respond ? Maybe I am waiting for him to respond before locking the thread ? Things are not all black and white only on this site. I try to keep things fair for everyone.
As for JBall..Stefano offered to get the car back to his shop, have law enforcement look at it to verify what has been done, what is legal etc and he declined.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this site..but, I am going to question the policy here...

Have you seen the seller respond ? Maybe I am waiting for him to respond before locking the thread ? Things are not all black and white only on this site. I try to keep things fair for everyone.
As for JBall..Stefano offered to get the car back to his shop, have law enforcement look at it to verify what has been done, what is legal etc and he declined. </div></div>

Thanks for the explanation !!! The best site on the internet !!!

I have no bones in this transaction nor do I know the buyer or seller...... I hope the seller responds soon before people make opinions..and atleast let him tell his side of the story or hope he contacts the buyer atleast...good luck with the car !! how about a pic?
Old 07-15-2015, 02:29 PM

It seems that there is just nothing, cost effective, that can be done legally. Maybe the guys at Graveyard Cars can help you with a diagnosis. They seem to be experts and have a passion for Mopars.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/colum...des-benz-280sl