Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 12-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Copo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing like having two different Window Stickers made for the same car. </div></div>

Ooops!!@#$
Old 12-18-2016, 03:25 AM

From memory, Jim Mattison had the car restored. It was a car in his personal collection and titled in his name.

When the car was first put for sale by Jim a rebody was called into question because all of the components included with the Z23 interior group option were not present.

I do not recall any form of original documentation when he put the car for sale other than the GM of Canada documentation.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:39 PM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

You may be correct Stefano. However, I would like to hear from Kurt S., who in 2012 stated: &quot;Body# is NOR351471. Pretty obvious rebody if you know what you are looking at.&quot; Kurt S doesn't normally make such statements if he can't back it up. I would think it would involve more than Z23 interior group items. 2012 thread

One of the biggest problems for me at least is the fake docs. I have no docs for my car. It is what it is. I know it was purchased new in Oklahoma, and to the best of my knowledge it never left the State. I have a dealer number, but no confirmation on which dealer. State of OK lost all my car's info when they changed computer systems in 1978. So, I can't find any owner previous to my brother. He isn't even in the system, but I know I purchased from him even though there is no record in the system of that purchase. I am not going to pay a forger to put fake docs together for my car. Once an owner does that, it is almost as bad as swapping a trim tag: it callS EVERYTHING into question. If some guy is dishonest enough to fake docs, why wouldn't he or she use fake tags, fake stamps, fake it with a re-body?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 PM

That's a dissertation. I was just posting what I remembered about the car.

But, I do agree with your post.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:05 PM

Yeah, sorry for the rant.

Started out just wanting to know what Kurt saw that made him believe it was a rebody. Sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the biggest problems for me at least is the fake docs..... If some guy is dishonest enough to fake docs, why wouldn't he or she use fake tags, fake stamps, fake it with a re-body? </div></div>

I have no clue about this car or seller, but, many times the current seller has no clue the docs are fake....

Sometimes honest people build clones and/or get DOCs made up..inevitably, these cars/DOCs end up being sold and then somehow become 'real' !
Old 12-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sometimes honest people build clones and/or get DOCs made up..inevitably, these cars/DOCs end up being sold and then somehow become 'real' !
</div></div>

Exactly why I am against reproduction documents of any kind being reproduced unless they have a watermark or some other type of notifying mark that they are a reproduction. I also think there should be a public list of VIN's available for any documents made for these cars so prospective buyers can look to see if any documents were ever made on a particular car before they shell out the money. When these people refuse to do that it in my mind makes them just as guilty as the seller who is trying to pass it off as a real car. What possible harm is there in making that available? I am not so concerned with the maker of the paperwork and original buyer when done for legitimate (just for show) reasons but it is the next guy down the chain that passes the car off as real that really concerns me. jmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 12-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Agree 100% with each of the above two posts. Just to be clear: I am not in any way accusing the CURRENT owner/seller of faking docs. I have no idea WHICH owner faked the docs, or anything else on the car, if it is indeed faked. Point is that SOMEONE went to the trouble to fake docs.

Just saying it is the presence of fake docs that IMHO, calls everything into question. That doesn't mean the rest of the car wouldn't stand up to the heightened scrutiny.

And... those fake docs, fake stamps, fake trim tags, fake POPs, are getting better every day!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:30 AM

I see at least one significant ECL code on the window sticker which is incorrect.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, &amp; other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 01-29-2020, 12:17 AM

For sale again

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevro...wAAOSwkNReLnEL