Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 02-11-2020, 02:59 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Default MCACN 2020 Official Host Hotels are Ready!

I am pleased to announce that all of the contracts are signed and once again, we have secured some great rates and extra perks for all of our MCACN participants and spectators.

We have FIVE area hotels, and again four are directly across the street, with the 5th, (the aLoft) just a few blocks away with a free door to door shuttle.

We have ADDED the Hilton, which is directly connected to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, meaning you can stay inside all week if you like!

Rates start at just at just $122 at the Crowne Plaza.

As always, the DoubleTree is "party central" with a kick-off party Friday night and it is always the first to sell out.

Easiest way to book is directly through our website using the appropriate links. All are now up except for the Crowne Plaza, and we should have that one real soon.

Be right in the middle of all the fun, and remember, we NEVER call or E-mail to solicit hotel business, and our Official Host Hotels do not either. These hotels are the ONLY MCACN authorized and approved hotels, and they "get it" and understand what we are all about.

They are all nice, and I suggest asking past participants for feedback on each, as they all have their own personalities, perks and features.

So with that being said...Book 'em Dano!

Use this link to read about each, see the great rates and the extra perks they are giving us; https://www.mcacn.com/hotels

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
69 Post Sedan (02-12-2020), flyingn (02-13-2020), John (02-18-2020), ORIGLS6 (02-17-2020), Xplantdad (02-11-2020)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-11-2020, 04:48 PM

From the DoubleTree page: “Friday night welcome reception for registered DoubleTree/MCACN guests with beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres, 6:30pm”

How do they determine “registered guest”? Do they base that on if you have a hotel key? Or can a “non-guest” sneak in?

Attention thrifty patrons! The Comfort Inn has a shuttle to the door, breakfast, WiFi, cable... and it is $85 a night! Bob suggested this one to me last year and I was satisfied with the stay.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 02-11-2020 at 04:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbbentley For This Useful Post:
69 Post Sedan (02-12-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
From the DoubleTree page: “Friday night welcome reception for registered DoubleTree/MCACN guests with beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres, 6:30pm”

How do they determine “registered guest”? Do they base that on if you have a hotel key? Or can a “non-guest” sneak in?

Attention thrifty patrons! The Comfort Inn has a shuttle to the door, breakfast, WiFi, cable... and it is $85 a night! Bob suggested this one to me last year and I was satisfied with the stay.
The kick-off party is indeed for people staying at the DoubleTree. Since we literally take over the entire hotel, they need to make sure that it is for Hotel Guests only.

The Embassy also has a nightly non MCACN specific cocktail gathering for Embassy guests. I understand this also becomes a MCACN party, and may even be hosted by A12 Pilot! Again, this is a hotel that we pretty much take over, packed with MCACN participants. The Crowne Plaza is another, with the cool Bill Murray bar/restaurant onsite.

Although the Comfort Inn is a slightly lower cost alternative, it is several miles away and there is nothing quite like being in the middle of the action at the Official Host Hotels. Trust me...it's worth the extra few bucks for many reasons.

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 02-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

"How do they determine “registered guest”? Do they base that on if you have a hotel key? Or can a “non-guest” sneak in?"
-Other hotels, like the Embassy Suites, give you a card at check in and they check that when you approach the bar for your complimentary drinks. This is sort of like the breakfast card they give you as well, but honestly, there's so many people it's hard for them to really challenge you. I don't think I've ever been asked for the breakfast card, but last year they did ask for the drink card. Maybe the DBBL Tree has the same thing?

"The Embassy also has a nightly non MCACN specific cocktail gathering for Embassy guests. I understand this also becomes a MCACN party, and may even be hosted by A12 Pilot!"
- The Embassy used to have the happy hour reception in the large breakfast room area, but they moved it to the side restaurant. This limits the seating and increases the, "Hey, how you doin'?" lines as you bump into your fellow patron waiting in line for their drink. While it does allow you to meet new friends, you also feel like a pinball bouncing through the bumpers sometimes. I personally have a lot of clout at this hotel. Ok, maybe that's gout due to my diet choices, but no matter. I'm going to personally talk to the manager about this and state the case that things need to be changed back to the way it was. I mean, even Mikey and Grady complained. Philly and Richie too! The people have spoken! After I get banned from the Embassy.... I'll see yous guys at the Double Tree!

The countdown is on!

Cheers
Dave
Old 02-16-2020, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
"How do they determine “registered guest”? Do they base that on if you have a hotel key? Or can a “non-guest” sneak in?"
-Other hotels, like the Embassy Suites, give you a card at check in and they check that when you approach the bar for your complimentary drinks. This is sort of like the breakfast card they give you as well, but honestly, there's so many people it's hard for them to really challenge you. I don't think I've ever been asked for the breakfast card, but last year they did ask for the drink card. Maybe the DBBL Tree has the same thing?

"The Embassy also has a nightly non MCACN specific cocktail gathering for Embassy guests. I understand this also becomes a MCACN party, and may even be hosted by A12 Pilot!"
- The Embassy used to have the happy hour reception in the large breakfast room area, but they moved it to the side restaurant. This limits the seating and increases the, "Hey, how you doin'?" lines as you bump into your fellow patron waiting in line for their drink. While it does allow you to meet new friends, you also feel like a pinball bouncing through the bumpers sometimes. I personally have a lot of clout at this hotel. Ok, maybe that's gout due to my diet choices, but no matter. I'm going to personally talk to the manager about this and state the case that things need to be changed back to the way it was. I mean, even Mikey and Grady complained. Philly and Richie too! The people have spoken! After I get banned from the Embassy.... I'll see yous guys at the Double Tree!

The countdown is on!

Cheers
Dave
Ya know...I bet I might know a few people at the Embassy that would be willing to work with us on this. And by "us" I mean you, since I am sure they know you!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Hmmmm, well after last year’s....”unpleasantries”.....yes, they may know me but not in a good way. I’ll have to bring Kels along to smooth things over. Although, I can be pretty persuasive. I’m worse than a 3yr old down the candy aisle when I don’t get my way!!! The sad thing is that the probability of that being probable is probably true....

278 days and counting.....

Cheers
Dave
Old 02-29-2020, 03:02 PM

OK, link for the Crowne Plaza is now up, as is our the direct booking links and descriptions for all of the others.

As usual, the DoubleTree is booking at a record rate, and the Embassy is also tracking ahead.

Here is the link to book your rooms now; https://www.mcacn.com/hotels

Thanks/BA
www.mcacn.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (03-02-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,761 Times in 742 Posts

Done - looking forward to it already………...

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (03-04-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 12:02 AM

I'm in at the CP again this year. (Didn't I just leave there last week? )
Xplantdad (03-11-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 02:32 PM

HOTEL UPDATE; We have some great news for those who stay at the Embassy Suites. The Managers Welcome Reception that was in the restaurant off the main lobby will return to the Atrium for our MCACN spectators and participants that are staying there Friday and Saturday.

We listened to the feedback, met with Embassy Management and they agreed that this makes the most sense since we have so many MCACN folks staying there!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (03-18-2020)