Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-06-2002, 03:53 PM

Default Re: I want to but a new GM ZL1 block

I can only comment on my 69 block that when I got it home and inspected it I found the main caps had no dowel pins and the new block has as well as splayed caps of a harder material with a logo on the main caps, the aluminum used is a superior grade and harder alloy. Has any one built this block with a 4.375 crank? just curious as to how much clearance is needed in the block to clear this steel rotating assembly.
Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 02:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: I want to but a new GM ZL1 block

I have a 69 Camaro which has a Zl-1 transplant. This is the most awesome car I have ever owned. The engine is the new block it has original heads, intake, and carb. It has a solid lifter roller cam. This summer were I live we had a very warm summer and I did alot of cruising with it and it never went over 180 degrees, unlike most iron big blocks I have owned. The sound is awesome the power is awesom and I am not afraid to drive it hard. The trans is a doug nash five speed and compliments the motor very well. Its the kind of car you never want to sell but you know how that goes here today gone tomorrow when something cooler comes along. My advice to anybody after owning this car and knowing it will probably cost 15k to build the motor is its worth every penny.
69 L78 Nova
69 L34 Nova
67 SS Chevelle
73 Trans Am