Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 09-22-2020, 12:42 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncio View Post
Beautiful pics. Glad you all had fun!
We had a great time, just blows me away every time we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy27 View Post
That's one incredible place! You surely had a great time.
We sure did, Randy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Cool!

We just left Yellowstone.
Anthony, that's a future trip for Holly and Lynn as they've never been. I've been to evey state but Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
Glad you had a nice time there. As beautiful as your pictures are, I'm fortunate to know even they can't compare to being there in person...a very worthwhile experience for anyone considering it.
Bill, you are so right. It is truly one of the seven wonders of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Great way to spend a day.

When I was 16 (1969), we (my Mom, and two of my brothers) rode mules to the bottom and back up. It was an all day affair.

In January of 1995, I called to make reservations to take my kids on the same mule ride, hoping to schedule for August 1995. I was told there was a 7 year wait!!! We went anyway, and decided to walk to the bottom, then back up. At about 1/2 way down, I decided that was probably enough. Kids were 18, 15.5 and 13. Good thing we didn't go all the way down; I ended up carrying my 13 year old daughter all the way back up because her legs started cramping. She rode on my shoulders. No wonder my feet always hurt these days.
Lynn, I wish I was not so scared of heights! It's really weird...I love to fly (even in small private planes) but I get kinda dizzy riding a bike over a high overpass. Forget hanging off the edge of my roof to hang Christmas lights...LOL. I know, I suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
That’s awesome, Bruce! Kelly hiked the Grand Canyon down, not up, right before we were married. Sounds like an easy out going down rather than up, but even down is a workout and her poor toes were all black and blue!

Beautiful out there. I fly over it all the time but never been myself.

Cheers
Dave
Dave-open invitation. Bring Kelly, come stay at our house as the jumping off point and go to the canyon! No time like the present

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinnaples View Post
Beautiful pictures. Definitely some place we need to visit. We're hardcore cruisers and it's difficult for us to change from that, lol, but the beauty is undeniable.
Mark, please take the time to come out to Arizona and see the canyon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssl72 View Post
Cool pics Bruce! The canyon is on my list. I went to Bryce and Zion this past May, but I have to see the big-daddy of them all!
Mark, I told Lynn and Holly that one of the next trips is to Zion and Bryce. I went as a teenager the first time. Lynn wants to go to Salt Lake City...so we may make a weekend out of it. Both Zion and Bryce are amazing as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick99 View Post
One of my favorite places. Hiked down the Kaibab trail and back up the Bright Angel trail. What a trip. I highly recommend it. My next hike there will be rim to rim. Just the solitude and landscape makes it so peaceful. One of the wonders of the world. Just pick the right time of the year.
Hi Rick, I wsh I could do something like that. It has to be amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip!

Quote:
Walking down is much harder on your knees as well as your toes.
I walked 4 feet onto the trail...does that count, Lynn?
Old 09-22-2020, 01:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing Bruce! I flew into Vegas a year ago and thought we were over the Canyon. Pretty rugged from the air.
I too would not great real close to the edge!!
Xplantdad (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 01:30 AM

Nice pics, as many times as I’ve been tomAz, I’ve never been there. I gotta see it.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:42 AM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Bruce said:

"Lynn, I wish I was not so scared of heights! It's really weird...I love to fly (even in small private planes) but I get kinda dizzy riding a bike over a high overpass. Forget hanging off the edge of my roof to hang Christmas lights...LOL. I know, I suck!"

I get it. When I was a kid, I would cry if my dad put me on his shoulders. I still am VERY unsteady on a ladder, and uber careful (guess, at 67, I should be). Even being up in my scissor lift working on the 17 foot ceiling at the shop freaks me out. For me, it depends on what is beneath me. Concrete: pretty high pucker factor. Water; not so much.

This is me at age 23 going off a cliff. I can't remember if this is the 50 footer or the 70 footer, but I went head first off both of them MANY times in the 70's. Probably one of the reasons I am having my second shoulder joint replacement in Nov.
Attached Images

Billohio (09-22-2020), PeteLeathersac (09-22-2020), scuncio (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billohio View Post
Thanks for sharing Bruce! I flew into Vegas a year ago and thought we were over the Canyon. Pretty rugged from the air.
I too would not great real close to the edge!!
Bill, There were folks that ignored the signs where there weren't railings. I believe in one of the pics you can see some of the folks out on one of the rocks. That was freaking me out, too! I said something out loud about how dumb they were...and right behind me a Park Ranger said that they have four to five people every year that fall to their deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
Nice pics, as many times as I’ve been to Az, I’ve never been there. I gotta see it.

Make a point to!!

Quote:
I get it. When I was a kid, I would cry if my dad put me on his shoulders. I still am VERY unsteady on a ladder, and uber careful (guess, at 67, I should be). Even being up in my scissor lift working on the 17 foot ceiling at the shop freaks me out. For me, it depends on what is beneath me. Concrete: pretty high pucker factor. Water; not so much.

This is me at age 23 going off a cliff. I can't remember if this is the 50 footer or the 70 footer, but I went head first off both of them MANY times in the 70's. Probably one of the reasons I am having my second shoulder joint replacement in Nov.

Lynn, Twelve feet up on a ladder is about the limit for me now-like trimming bushes...though now that you shared your story about the cliff diving...I remember as a pre teen at Lake Geneva in Wisconsin jumping off the 30 and 40 foot platform sometimes head first and realizing why you have your hands in front to break the surface of the water, LOL-and not being to worried/scared about it. Climbing up sucked though...LOL

I do remember as a kid being on certain roads that scared me due to the sheer drop offs. The drive into Jerome AZ...and going the back way from my house is a last option. The road from Minden, Nevada up the Kingsbury Grade into South Lake Tahoe freaks me out as well.

Oh well...
Old 09-22-2020, 02:32 AM

Thanked 3,930 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
a Park Ranger said that they have four to five people every year that fall to their deaths.
Japanese tourist syndrome.....
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (09-22-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:14 AM

I noticed people with the feet on rocks!!
A year ago, X33RS took me from Prescott Valley to Jerome. I was not crazy about that narrow street along the edge of what was a mountain to me! I didnt tell Larry because if I was driving, I could not look over the edge lol
Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billohio View Post
I noticed people with the feet on rocks!!
A year ago, X33RS took me from Prescott Valley to Jerome. I was not crazy about that narrow street along the edge of what was a mountain to me! I didnt tell Larry because if I was driving, I could not look over the edge lol

Boy can I relate to that!