Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 12:36 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,510 Times in 725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x33rs View Post
I think the old one was outside of Mesa if I'm not mistaken??
Correct. When it was first built not long after WWII, it was WAAYYY outside of Mesa, but now the area that it encompassed is completely within the Mesa city limits. One of my wife's girlfriends lives in a development that used to be part of the proving grounds.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 09-28-2020, 12:40 AM

Thanked 1,510 Times in 725 Posts

Bill W,

Glad to hear Keith's car finally arrived. Hopefully he will love it so much he will soon forget about the unexplainable delay.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM

I’m to the point I’m not waiting fir a GM truck anymore. I’ve been getting stroked since last Christmas when I started looking. I’m thinking Ram.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67since67 View Post
Keith's C8 was delivered to the dealer yesterday (Saturday), filthy dirty.
So, Monday for set-up and clean-up, delivery by Tuesday, maybe. SIX weeks after build.

He was on a forum Saturday where someone says their car was "built last week and he is driving it today". Add to that posts here stating a week to ten days after build.

Transportation logistics or QC excuse may explain a couple week delay, but six weeks??

Bill W
There is a 15 Torx that is about mid door in the drivers side wheel liner. Change the screw to a shorter one. I have fixed numerous cars where the screw has caught and chipped the front edge of the door.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:24 PM

Hardly any stock out there, slim pickings, I called a sales guy at Wally Edgar Chevy, he called me back, bought a Colorado yesterday, got a ZR2, any GM guys here who worked on it, I love it. The light bar isn’t in, the dealer gave me a free tonneau cover for the inconvenience.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Burd For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (11-02-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 07:36 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
Hardly any stock out there, slim pickings, I called a sales guy at Wally Edgar Chevy, he called me back, bought a Colorado yesterday, got a ZR2, any GM guys here who worked on it, I love it. The light bar isn’t in, the dealer gave me a free tonneau cover for the inconvenience.
Is that a Nissan?
Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 PM

Thanked 4,001 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Three of my friends who ordered C8s from local dealers at first opportunity:

3. Keith. Trades Escalades every two years, Corvettes when he feels like it, generally every two-three years. Owns 4 vintage Corvettes now, has owned as many as 13 at one time. Was intending to buy his wife a 2021 convert.
Keith's C8 was built August 18th, FIVE WEEKS ago today. It is sitting on the ground in Bowling Green awaiting transportation, he is PI$$ED!!

Yes, there are circumstances involved in delivery of C8s, but this is no way to treat loyal customers of your high end product. Seems like GM is prioritizing EVs and the Chineese market while neglecting their loyal market base here.

I could see Terry and Keith going German and never looking back.

Bill W
ttt
Old 11-01-2020, 08:53 PM

Thanked 4,001 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Keith's C8 was delivered to the dealer yesterday (Saturday), filthy dirty.
So, Monday for set-up and clean-up, delivery by Tuesday, maybe. SIX weeks after build.

He was on a forum Saturday where someone says their car was "built last week and he is driving it today". Add to that posts here stating a week to ten days after build.

Transportation logistics or QC excuse may explain a couple week delay, but six weeks??

Bill W
Others have noted, WHILE Keith was waiting weeks for his delivery, at least two full transports of C8s were seen passing through town heads North.

Last week he related to me, he's driven it a couple hundred miles, it's just ok, but he's considering cashing in at a profit and go buy a used C7 like he had. His wife is ready to trade the Escalade, going to look at Lincolns.

The whole process has left a bad taste, both GM and the dealer.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:04 PM

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts

My last couple of Chev vehicles has left me considering a Ram diesel for my next one. I've owned almost 200 cars in my life and 99% were Chevrolet. I own 9 right now, but I'm tired of their failure to address even old problems their vehicles have had for over 30 years, such as rust over the rear wheels on all the pickups.
More computer controls and electronics doesn't temp me to buy anything newer than the 2011 Silverado I've had for 6 years now. I've only bought 5 new vehicles in 50 years. After taking a bath on a couple, I always buy 3-4 years old.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Old 11-01-2020, 11:26 PM

I have seen enough Ram trucks rotting out that I would think twice on one. If you find a bad one, you can see inside the bed over the wheel house. They put something that looked like rope, maybe caulking, that I assume was supposed to lay along the outside corner of the wheel house. That piece didnt seem to get to the bottom or something and it looks like it just held moisture until it rotted out. I saw one that the bottom of the tail gate was gone last week. It is disgusting that with the technology we have there are still corrosion problems. I have had a new chevy diesel every year since 2010 and the first was 2008. I have had zero problems with all of them.
PeteLeathersac (11-01-2020)