Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Berger Chevrolet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 1966 Berger Chevelle SS 427/435

I have been able to track down the first owner of this car. It was bought new from Berger by a man from Macon, GA. The car was a 396/360 hp car. Berger installed 427 heads, solid lift cam, tunnel ram intake with dual holley's. It spent most of it's life at drag strips in the southern states through the 70's. The car was striped of it's running gear and left to sit in the corner of the mans shop until the 90's. It was sold to a guy in Arkansas who sold it as is to another guy in Arkansas. This guy never did anything with the car and in 2004 he listed it on eBay. A man from Houston TX buys the car on eBay named Charley Vance. Charley restores the car as close to original except he paints the car dark blue instead of the Marina blue with Marina blue interior is was when new. He also installs a black vinyl top and a black bucket seat interior. After I talked to the guy who sold the car to Charley he said the car had a lot of paperwork. Original bill of sale, window sticker and receipts from Berger when the work was done on the car. This Charley Vance said he didn't have any paperwork except the title stating the cars previous owner was Berger Chevrolet in Grad Rapids MI because he was the first person to ever title and tag the car for the street. I can't understand why Charley would keep the paperwork to a car he no longer owns and never will own again.
What a creep!!!!! All I can say is I own the car and thats the best part. He can keep the paperwork and shove it. I believe he thinks if he gives up the paperwork the car will be worth way more money than what he sold the car for. $30K. Not my fault he had to unload the car and I made the best offer and he took it. He also had the original carb, exhaust manifolds and oil canister that goes to the 427/435 engine that's in the car. He told me he would ship me the parts as part of the deal. The never happened either. Booooo Hooooo! Stick'em Charley. His son's eBay name is "427biscayne". Beware of doing business with these guys. I sure he listed the parts on eBay and sold them.