Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts
Default Foresight Prowlers

I have these wheels that my father ran back in the 70's on the green car.. I think they are really unique (and Im not sure that is a good thing) with the centers that are painted black. I want to restore the wheels but instead of having the centers black maybe leaving them natural and polishing the lips and around the wheel openings. Give me some feedback and thoughts. They are 14x7 or 8 I havent measured them in a while so I cant remember 100%. These were removed in favor for the Cragars which I still have but them being 14x10 on the rears I can not find tires.. So these are the next ones in line that I would want to run on the car as he did back in the day and the fact that I still have them makes it an easier decision. I would more than likely stagger the tire size as he did in the first 2 photos. So again should I paint the centers back black or strip them and leave natural or maybe another idea..??..

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4407.JPG IMG_4405.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Foresight Prowlers

Look similar to Ansen slots, but the black paint highlights sets them apart. Definitely different and you just don't see those around. I think I could warm up to them. Bottom line - your Dad liked them!

Old 06-23-2016, 08:15 PM

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,977 Posts
Default Foresight Prowlers

Different is C[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img][img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]L!
Other than center, the style looks somewhat similar to the original '69 W23 Mopar KH rims that were recalled.
For those that don't know the story, here's an info link also pic below.
http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn...l/1454813.html

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

-

-

Old 06-23-2016, 08:21 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have these wheels that my father ran back in the 70's on the green car.. I think they are really unique (and Im not sure that is a good thing) with the centers that are painted black. I want to restore the wheels but instead of having the centers black maybe leaving them natural and polishing the lips and around the wheel openings. Give me some feedback and thoughts. They are 14x7 or 8 I havent measured them in a while so I cant remember 100%. These were removed in favor for the Cragars which I still have but them being 14x10 on the rears I can not find tires.. So these are the next ones in line that I would want to run on the car as he did back in the day and the fact that I still have them makes it an easier decision. I would more than likely stagger the tire size as he did in the first 2 photos. So again should I paint the centers back black or strip them and leave natural or maybe another idea..??..

</div></div>

Had a set of wheels somewhat like these (not painted black in the center) on my 69' W-30 442. I have no idea who made them but they had a raised edge around each slot ... the centers were natural and the rims were machined ... TAZ
Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Banned

Thanks guys. Still haven't decided. Once I get them cleaned up a little then I'll make a decision.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:05 AM

Send me a text on my phone. 267-246-6903. I have a set of NOS ones if you want to see what they look like when new. They have a grayish texture paint in the centers. And the caps have prosper written in a blue 60's psychedelic writing.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:32 AM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

My vote is to run them just like dear old Dad did with the dark center and shiny rims. They look awesome!
Old 06-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Banned

Thanks guys.. Don, Ill text you later today. One things for certain. Whichever way I decide I have to run poly tires as radials wont look right..
Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys.. Don, Ill text you later today. One things for certain. Whichever way I decide I have to run poly tires as radials wont look right.. </div></div>

Don could hook you up with everything that you need!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:12 PM

+1

The unique paint sets them apart from common slots.