Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-13-2020, 01:04 PM

I was fortunate to own a 365 hp w/ac roadster that I purchased from a friend of mine about 10 years ago, white w/ white interior and tan conv top, telescoping column w/walnut wheel special exhaust, was quite a car. Small Block Corvettes rule! He told me at that time that he thought only 9 were made.In a corvette you can’t get power steering w/the 365 hp engine because 6 quart oil pan wouldn’t clear the ram, but the car was loaded w everything else, p/w p/b etc

Last edited by SPEEDYB; 10-13-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Info
Old 10-13-2020, 10:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDYB View Post
I was fortunate to own a 365 hp w/ac roadster that I purchased from a friend of mine about 10 years ago, white w/ white interior and tan conv top, telescoping column w/walnut wheel special exhaust, was quite a car. Small Block Corvettes rule! He told me at that time that he thought only 9 were made.In a corvette you can’t get power steering w/the 365 hp engine because 6 quart oil pan wouldn’t clear the ram, but the car was loaded w everything else, p/w p/b etc
----Speedy,,,What gear did your 365 have, and was it original. Sounds like a really cool 65. I'm real partial to white on white as I have a 67 coupe that color that's been featured on members rides here on my favorite sight!!!.....Bill S
Old 10-14-2020, 06:29 AM

4:10 gear, as I remember the rosewood wheel was the only non orig. part
my friend also removed the 6 qt. pan to fit power steering. The car had to be kept in perfect tune with all the timing you could give it and good gas or it would run hot because the cooling system was so marginal with the A/C, I have an old photo of it somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to SPEEDYB For This Useful Post:
olredalert (10-14-2020)