Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-22-2020, 01:43 PM

See if you can find the build sheet on top of the gas tank, take the 4 screws out and remove the gas lid and pull the rubber boot back look in with a strong flashlight
Old 10-02-2020, 06:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

God that reminds me of my first Corvette when I was 18 years old... Burgundy 69 L46 Coupe, mine had a L88 Hood & 9" wide westerns wheels with dark tint... wish I had a photo from then...
I returned it to it's original Daytona Yellow with a Flat hood... post haste.

By the time you are done with the birdcage, the rivets, and paint you are going to be 30k deep... and you still haven't addressed the frame or anything mechanical.

the owner of the LT1 I painted was next to me at the National show, after he sold the car he said that if he can break even (no labor) and put a car back on the road as a hobby he enjoys it. He told me that sending everything out and then him assembling everything .. .I mean everything which moved or ran - down to the steering column, gauge cluster, rear end, power window motors etc. etc he had 53k in cash outlay not including the initial purchase of the car. And he didn't have 30k in the paint even after paying someone else to paint the car the wrong color prior to bringing it to me.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 10-02-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
God that reminds me of my first Corvette when I was 18 years old... Burgundy 69 L46 Coupe, mine had a L88 Hood & 9" wide westerns wheels with dark tint... wish I had a photo from then...
I returned it to it's original Daytona Yellow with a Flat hood... post haste.

By the time you are done with the birdcage, the rivets, and paint you are going to be 30k deep... and you still haven't addressed the frame or anything mechanical.

the owner of the LT1 I painted was next to me at the National show, after he sold the car he said that if he can break even (no labor) and put a car back on the road as a hobby he enjoys it. He told me that sending everything out and then him assembling everything .. .I mean everything which moved or ran - down to the steering column, gauge cluster, rear end, power window motors etc. etc he had 53k in cash outlay not including the initial purchase of the car. And he didn't have 30k in the paint even after paying someone else to paint the car the wrong color prior to bringing it to me.
Well after some further inspection and looking at what it will cost, he is going to move it on. He has someone looking at it this week end that will likely part it out and try to leverage a profit that way, someone from CT who does primarily just that. Thank you for all the feedback, sometimes the end does not justify the means.......