Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

I'll check it out and get back to you.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:19 PM

Anyone familiar with Bill Stearns Chevrolet-Oldsmobile in Ladysmith, WI?
Dealer code 806 in zone 4.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 AM

How about Thompson Chevrolet in Loveland Ohio? Haven't been able to dig up many references to this one so far.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:34 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about Thompson Chevrolet in Loveland Ohio? Haven't been able to dig up many references to this one so far. </div></div> I'm guessing you already saw this:
9-599 THOMPSON CHEVROLET 9666 LOVELAND MADERIA ROAD LOVELAND Ohio Unknown 1967 No longer in Busines THE NUMBER ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE STICKER UNDER CHEVROLET MOTOR DIVISION IS 807405
Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about Thompson Chevrolet in Loveland Ohio? Haven't been able to dig up many references to this one so far. </div></div>

I've seen 68 and 69 Impala pops from there.

Nothing on that WI dealer.

Warren
Old 05-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drew Papsun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received mine today #32 &amp; 34 yes!!!!!, well sort of. I now have the zones, but the dealer info is limited.

Car 1 provided Zone 15 Dealer 339, but dealer name and address records are insufficient.. So if anyone has info on that zone and dealer it would be appreciated. Produced 9/8/69

My other car is zone 11 Dealer 372 and list dealer as Max Meyers Motors in Middlebury , IN. Now when I go to their data base and plug the #'s its show McManus Chevy, Chicago , IL 1970. Produced 4/2/69

I really appreciate the information, but for me the dealer info is inconclusive. Thanks again Roy, and good luck to others searching for dealer info.

BTW if anyone else has info on the zones listed above, I would appreciate that.

Hello Steve,
I have some information from 1977 of zone 15 dealer 339.
Jay Chevrolet
301 South Burntmill Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
I can not tell you this is the same information for the year of 1969.
Regards,
Drew Papsun

</div></div> </div></div>

Drew, thank you I just received a second confirmation that my was delivered to Jay Chevrolet. Now I do feel like a 10 year old kid on Christmas morning. The search continues for me and all my fellow passionate enthusiast seeking delivery and ownership history on their cars.

My understanding is that zones and dealer # changed rather routinely for a variety of reason so its critical that you tie the delivery date with the zone and dealer information. A good example is my Indy Pace Car produced on 4/2/69 shipped to zone 11 Dealer 372, Max Meyers Chevrolet, IN and this same zone and dealer # changed in 1970 to McManus Cheverolet, IL. I'm learning like everyone else but it appears as zone reps changed and/or were promoted their territories changed which affected the zone and dealer #'s. </div></div>

I just spoke with the original owners son(I've been trying for 8 years). The car was in fact purchased new at McManus Chevrolet. The good news is he mentioned that he has original documentation and pictures from the day his dad brought it home. His father bought as a birthday present for his mom. Not sure the logic; who buys there wife (115lbs) a 396 4spd Indy Pace without power steering. The car only had 29K miles when they sold it in 1990 and now has 32K.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hvychev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rixls6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, now the car I really wanted the information on is my 1969 rs/z. I originally purchased it in 1977. Dealer 339 Zone 15. Someone must have a car purchased from this mysterious dealer. I purchased the car in the Cherry Hill, NJ area .</div></div>

I looked at many sheets from Baltimore built Chevelles, and all the zone 15 cars were dealers in NJ or PA, mostly PA. </div></div>

I just did a little research on McManus, looks like they changed quite a bit Gillespie, Kingdom. I'll pm to discuss further. </div></div>

Steve, here is a couple of pieces of McManus Chevrolet memorabilia from my collection. They were located at 6711 S. Western Ave. on Chicago's south side. They did NOT become Guillespe or Kingdom. Tony Piet Pontiac was located a block away at 6603-6637 S. Western Ave. Gullespe opened up at THAT location and when Guillespe closed down Kingdom opened there. So I guess those stores succeeded McManus' ticket but NOT the location.

The item on the bottom is a mirror visor thingie.

</div></div>

Hi Frank, I appreciate the information you've provided. Do you know when they went out of business? Now I'm on a mission for memorabilia....

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts

These stories are great! NCRS efforts have opened up a new avenue of research - thanks again to Roy &amp; NCRS for their efforts!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:49 PM

Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,605 Posts

----In the spring of 1967 I thought I wanted a new 67 Corvette to replace my 66. No one else including my banker felt the same as me, but I went on the hunt anyway. I was then a sophmore at Ohio U. For a couple of weeks I travelled all over southern Ohio to different Chevy dealers and one of them was Langs as I had heard they were a performance dealer, and they definetly were. Of course, I never managed to buy a 67 then, but I did see my first 396/375 67 Camaro. It was white with a black gut and had both headers and an extra complete 4:56 gearset in the trunk (right from the factory). Not one other option! Id love to know where that one went. That's when I figured they were right about Langs being a performance dealer. Well,,,that and about 15 Corvettes and other assorted Chevy muscle everywhere. Great, great dealership!!!!!!!!!.........Bill S
Old 05-14-2014, 05:11 PM

Have seen some very cool Solid lifter cars sold out of McManus.

Very recently a 1969 Impala SS L72 4 speed M21 with 3.73 posi, with original window sticker and original POP.