Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-09-2002, 06:14 AM

Default Help me with this camaro value

Does anyone remember this car?? or the price?? http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl.../2136573.htmor
I saw it about 2 years ago (maybe more)at Go**** classics in NJ, at their prior location. I think the price was mid 20's. It was a great restoration. The paint and interior were detailed nicely. The original engine and trans were replaced. The current ad leaves out the fact that,the 12-bolt was changed to a 10 bolt rear. I wanted to buy the car then but the salesman gave me so much BS and also said the rear was original, I left angry. Does $29,000 seem like alot for a car with so much missing? Value books don't account for missing components. If the car is still nice what is it worth?? Any help is appreciated.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-09-2002, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Help me with this camaro value

Matt, you can buy a very nicely restored original drivetrain L34 for that kind of money. Go to most Camaro shows or rod runs and you will find one. A friend bought an original unrestored car that was loaded with options in Pigeon Forge last fall for $19k. Needed paint and detailing but was a very nice driver................RatPack...................

I think you answered your own question about buying this car anyways.........................
Old 04-10-2002, 04:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hmm, that car has it's POP. Check out the #'s:
http://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum6/HTML/002268.html

#'s look fine for an L65 auto car. So that 10 bolt is original, ummm, maybe the tag isn't.
BTW, he posted the VIN & trim tag in a prior post.

[Edited by Kurt S (04-09-2002 at 11:19 PM).]
Old 04-10-2002, 09:12 PM

Thanks Kurt. No wonder that dealer had such and bad reputation.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:37 PM

Check out this thread on this car at the Camaro site.

http://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum2/HTML/002963.html
Old 04-11-2002, 12:11 AM

That car has recentely sold in Charlotte NC.I saw the car over the weekend at Charlotte.Car is still worth mid $20's with what was priced there.That car was done by a fellow in NC.It's not always the dealers we need to watch but it is our good old southern boyz!
Old 04-11-2002, 03:31 AM

Camaroking how much did it sell for in Charlotte? That will give me a starting point. I got no problem with the dealer making a few bucks.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:42 AM

The person selling the car was not a dealer it was a private person who bought the car about a year ago from Golden Classics.He loves the car he just wanted a Z28 or something.I believe the price was asking around $26 or $27K.He sold it on thursday the first day he was there and that is who i guess researched the POP.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:40 AM

Thanks, If the asking price was $26-27, my guess is that dshiverjr is a dealer that got it for around $25k. He tried to make a fast buck on monday. I doubt he will get more than that. I figure it is worth low $20s max since there is nothing original about it.

[Edited by MattBek (04-11-2002 at 01:40 AM).]
Old 04-12-2002, 07:18 PM

I actually remember this car also at Golden a year a two ago. The car itself was real sweet. The Big Block & Tremic 5 speed is the reason I was looking to purchase it. I don't think that car had a Protecto-Plate with it. I would find out where the P.O.P came from because it wasn't available when they had it for sale. I was real serious about purchasing it but I found another car at a screaming deal. Just because a car isn't original, doesn't mean it has no value. The quality of the vehicle is what you are paying for, not the originality in this case. If you were looking for an original car, you would have passed this one up as soon as you knew it was a 5 speed and a 454. If this car was numbers matching, you'll pay in the high 30's. This car would be fair at $26-27K. How many other cars are out there in the same range with different engines with only 4-speeds? That Tremic is an awesome trans and is a real smooth shifting driver. Makes having a big block and steaper gears easier and more fun to drive. If this is something your real into, make them an offer that you feel you can live with and see if they take it. Try to build this car and you'll be well into the $30K range. If you wanted this car a few years ago and then wanted to get it again, think hard before you pass it up one more time. If I didn't find a Z28, it would have been in my driveway. - Jon