Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 69 Camaro BB w Baldwin Chevy Connection

WOW you hit the nail on the head! Internet restorers and people never doing a restoration have no idea what they are up against. At this price save your money for another year and buy one finished for 40-50K looking alot better than the one pictured. Everyone has or wants a 69 camaro just way over priced IMHO.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,623 Times in 498 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbbentley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you guys love 69 camaro but cmon let's get real. Quarters cut up,needs all sheemetal,interior is wiped out,chrome shot, don't run,paperwork GONE,cmon really??? 50k later and you still have an undocumented car..Maybe I should go back to the guy I know with a original paint black L78 with its paperwork for 60k that I turned down and he can't sell it for over a year. </div></div>
There is something mesmerizing about an un-restored Camaro...I find it interesting,but the price is a tad high,imo.These time capsules are intriguing. </div></div>Again,When did it become cool to drive a POS around anyway? When I was a kid if you had a car this cool in this sad shape your friends all made fun of you! This is by no means a TIME CAPSULE. That term should be used as it was ment. Something that's been tucked away and in mint condition. Not something that was left for dead. This is just a fad right now with everybody falling in love with junk. And then at the end of the day you guys will have 40k of your hard earned money driving around in this shitbox looking like you have no job. I think we need have more pride in ourselves like we used to and get back to making everything you have as nice as it can be. I have a couple extremely rare cars that are much nicer than this and I won't bring them out because me being a body and paint guy my whole life can't bring myself to drive them unless they are looking the way they were built. I guess next we'll be living old boarded up houses and wearing torn clothes because that would be COOL to look that way RIGHT? </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-family: 'Microsoft Sans Serif'">Donnie...you need to get more in touch with your inner self...we need to know how you really feel [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] </span></span>

wilma [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Trust me Tom! You don't want to know show I really feel. I picked a bad week to quit Heroin. Now HERE'S TOM WITH the weather!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM

I agree with Don. This car is a basket case not worth restoring with zero docs. The cost to do a correct restoration is insane. I am in the middle of one right now.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM

You guys keep me entertained.... Thanks. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]

Dicky [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69 Post Sedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The price is high but as stated before....it's cool just the way it is. If a person could get it for a decent price, put some Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders, then change all the fluids in the drivetrain and see if it will run. If it does, make it safe to drive and just leave it alone.

Kurt :twocents:</div></div>
KB, first time I disagreed with you. JUNK! Who would really ride around in that? I guess I should sit my nova outside for a few years in our snow storms and when it looks like this camaro or some of the other ones its time to drive it. Would you ever think about driving a car that looked like that when you were growing up in the hobby? Come on guys, is it the winter blues or something or just bad water these days.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:12 PM

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

I think most who admire this car are speaking from seeing everything over restored today.
It is a refreshing site in that respect,but I too agree it's not worth that asking price and would easily be back on the market after a buyer added up all the costs &amp; figured that out.
I've seen cars in this condition or better,in junkyards around here asking 1/2 as much.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Thanked 1,623 Times in 498 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me Tom! You don't want to know show I really feel. I picked a bad week to quit Heroin. Now HERE'S TOM WITH the weather! </div></div>

Well...we got 4 inches on the ground and it's coming down heavy...found this picture of Sammy putting on some studded snows back in the day...these same tires are still available from Donnie White [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 PM

so is the car!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:43 PM

If its what the guy says it is a real #s matching l78 car unrestored then y do u need docs? Id rather buy a #s l78 car this way with no docs(if its real) then a restored supposed car with a &quot;he said she said &quot;story. If anybody has a 69 ss camaro 396/375 4spd documented car for under 30 k let me know.