Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 09-09-2020, 03:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,947 Times in 499 Posts

Congratulations on the sale at $89k. Anyone interested in what kind of gauntlet the peanut gallery can throw down when listing your Corvette (especially C2) on BaT should review the comments. If you can't play as nice as NAPA68, you should probably refrain.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom406 For This Useful Post:
napa68 (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 04:05 AM

Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,907 Posts

Wow, F all that. I’m glad your car sold for a decent number but wow, I would never sell on that site after seeing those comments. Now that Hearst owns that site they’re gonna have to make some hard decisions to keep sellers interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to scuncio For This Useful Post:
napa68 (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 11:56 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,069 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncio View Post
Wow, F all that. I’m glad your car sold for a decent number but wow, I would never sell on that site after seeing those comments. Now that Hearst owns that site they’re gonna have to make some hard decisions to keep sellers interested.
I have one more car that should go live next week. We'll see how that goes. I will have to reevaluate that platform moving forward.

To BaT's credit. One can post almost as many pics as you want (I had 225) and video's to boot. Added to that, it caters to an international audience........and seems to produce qualified bidders and buyers.

It's the uncontrolled D Bag commentary that has very little filter that proves to be the deterrent.

Tim
Old 09-09-2020, 06:06 PM

"Reading through your other posts, you certainly understand Corvette’s. Having said that, I’m am going to make a point and single some things out.

You (and a couple of others) consistently created a level of chaos in this auction. It was a hypothetical worst case scenario that was beat like a dead dog. What you cannot do (nor ever will) is be able to assess what your (and others) ongoing comments had for an effect on bidding….. or the continuation of bidding. While I do not disagree that the car went for a “market number”, the possibility for it to have gone further is something that cannot be gauged. No one will know if the dialogue scared off even one bidder. Frankly, you did not have a horse in this race.

You seem to command a large amount of respect on BaT. I’m sure an amount of that is well earned. Nonetheless, you threw your hat into the ring on a public forum. And not just once. You are entitled to your opinions and the format of BaT allows and promotes that. But, don’t make yourself out as a victim. The attention drawn to yourself is the byproduct of your writings (multiple times). I find it inexcusable to justify the behavior as permissible simply because the car reached a “market number”.

Hopefully, BaT may look at some of this and take note. Perhaps it’s a good time to reevaluate some facets of the current format."

Well said.
The Following User Says Thank You to 427TJ For This Useful Post:
napa68 (09-09-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:38 PM

To his credit, it looks like the guy who stirred up the controversy posted up a heartfelt apology. I haven't read through all of the comments to see just how bad it got, but at least we have that. In this day and age, apologizing seems to be a lost art.
The Following User Says Thank You to RSSSfan For This Useful Post:
427TJ (09-16-2020)