Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Carlisle GM Nationals

Wow. Thank you for the picture. We had a great time at last years show. We were not able to make
this years show due to a planned reconstructive ear surgery for Tommy on June 19th. Recovery going
well and after showing Tommy his picture I'm sure recovery will go even faster.
Thank you again for the picture. Brought back great memories.
Tom
Old 07-01-2015, 05:13 PM

We made a quick visit to both shows, Camaro Nats in the morning and Carlisle that afternoon. Had a good time but mainly because of my son spending a lot of time with the GMMG people. This was his first time being around hardcore 4th generation enthusiasts and he was really impressed. He reminded me of myself 30 years ago when we were discovering and exploring the '69 copo cars and that excitement. The quality of the cars at the Camaro Nats was impressive and it's a good venue for the show and the last time I was at Carlise (1st GM show) the Camaros are the reason we went. They were equally impressive then but that show was better than the current show. To me the SLS was the highlight of our trip as I enjoyed it the most, very impressive and worth the drive from Fredrick to Carlisle. That was it for Carlisle as the rest of it was poor. Decent selection of vendors but show cars were almost non existent (granted it was Fri.) It seems like the day of the larger national marque shows has passed. I always tell people about the days of the Super Chevy Show at Indy and how great it was. I remember Carl Dwiggins saying "everybody brings their finest to Indy" and that was true. I have not been able to attend the Chicago show but everything I've seen in print and heard points to it really being great and I hope to get there sometime. I still long for the outdoor summer show where everybody would bring their finest.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

I agree. Sun and NOS dash pads are a bad mix. The good cars are just too valuable to park in a field anymore.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copo69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still long for the outdoor summer show where everybody would bring their finest.
</div></div>

You'll have to become a Mopar enthusiast for that [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copo69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still long for the outdoor summer show where everybody would bring their finest.
</div></div>

You'll have to become a Mopar enthusiast for that [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

Nah..like some of the Mopar faithful, not all of Chevy guys have relegated our cars to indoor use only.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...015#Post618815
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Agreed Tom...Chevrolet gave them keys ...so let's drop the hammer at 6000 RPM....pick up the parts if needed....go to the pits and wait for round 2
Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 PM

Yeah. I have seen more then a few 6000 rpm launches, as well as a few parts fly. Chris Short loosing his clutch, (after several, and I mean several, high rpm launches) in his Yenko Chevelle, the Hasset's Motion Camaro breaking an axle, Rob loosing a cam lobe in the Yellow sub, and Frank M. needing to change a waterpump before the finals of the Deuce shootout. And I cannot keep track of how many driveline parts Pete G. has gone through in this Yenko Camaro (of course I think he leaves a tad higher then 6000).

That's racing, and why I admire our group who really knows how to enjoy their &quot;supercars&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Something as small as a pilot bushing -- put me out of a Texas vs. California meet at Amarillo Dragway back in the early 70s ... sucks when ya' can't shift and can't find the root cause til later.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:21 PM

That would suck...
Old 07-02-2015, 08:00 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C O P O CARTEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed Tom...Chevrolet gave them keys ...so let's drop the hammer at 6000 RPM....pick up the parts if needed....go to the pits and wait for round 2 </div></div>

I knew there was a reason why I liked you DP.