Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 12:16 AM

Default Attend Barrett Jackson?

Anyone here attend the auction?
I watched on TV and thought the 1969 L88 Corvette seemed way under the $ at $300,000!
The under bidder was Craig Jackson and I was surprised he didn't bid more?
The 69 ZL1 Camaro seemed to bring strong $ at $995,000!

Dave
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-20-2020, 12:45 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Dave-we went! pics are here....

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=158920

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159020

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159031
Old 01-20-2020, 01:33 PM

I've been twice before, but not this year. Most like WILL be there next year as a buddy has it on his bucket list. I told him to get his banking info in order to buy something LOL. I will supply lodgings and he supplies the rentals for our time.

I didn't really watch too much as it was on Tv with my packages. So did watch on the computer. But wasn't overly impressed with the selections. A lot of newer stuff and european brands, or more then what Mecum had a few weeks earlier.

I did notice some of the pricing just to sorta "gauge" the market and would have been a player on a few I think. I did notice the 10 1969 Z28's. Pricing for the most I would say was weaker than expected. Couple in the high 40's? And yes there was the high $$$ blue '69. But seems most were not as much as I was seeing in the past.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
Old 01-20-2020, 02:32 PM

I was shocked by the $ some of the BMW M3's previously owned by Paul Walker were bringing!
I guess this is just the beginning of the possible shift in cars of choice in the collector car hobby?

Dave
Old 01-20-2020, 03:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
I've been twice before, but not this year. Most like WILL be there next year as a buddy has it on his bucket list. I told him to get his banking info in order to buy something LOL. I will supply lodgings and he supplies the rentals for our time.

I didn't really watch too much as it was on Tv with my packages. So did watch on the computer. But wasn't overly impressed with the selections. A lot of newer stuff and european brands, or more then what Mecum had a few weeks earlier.

I did notice some of the pricing just to sorta "gauge" the market and would have been a player on a few I think. I did notice the 10 1969 Z28's. Pricing for the most I would say was weaker than expected. Couple in the high 40's? And yes there was the high $$$ blue '69. But seems most were not as much as I was seeing in the past.
I was there. most of the Z28s were pretty rough. the orange one was the best one as it scored 90% at the nationals in legends and has been stored since (2005). no paper work other then judging stuff.

the high dollar blue one blew me away...lt looked like a mail order Z. had prior JM cert. but no where on the paper work shown did it say rallysport. and no pictures shown prior to restoration. car came out of Michigan. I did hear the seller say it had full floors replaced and looked to be new quarters as well. nice color combo which probably carried the bidding high along with the cross ram
Old 01-20-2020, 03:59 PM

We go every year and never disappointed.

The Blue Z was a rusty project but original drivetrain which helped the sale. No proof it was a real RS.

There was a nicely restored orange 69 RS Z that grabbed $101k and several non RS 69 Z's that were in the $70-$85k range. I did see a few that were in the $50k range. I believe it was said most of these did not have their original drivetrains intact and from what I saw had some restoration mistakes, but nice cars for the most part. About what I would have expected them to sell for.

Overall a pretty good showing with nearly 2,000 cars. Always a good time.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchevs View Post
Anyone here attend the auction?
I watched on TV and thought the 1969 L88 Corvette seemed way under the $ at $300,000!
The under bidder was Craig Jackson and I was surprised he didn't bid more?
The 69 ZL1 Camaro seemed to bring strong $ at $995,000!

Dave
That was a good deal for that L88 Corvette, the buyer should be happy. As of the ZL1, I know nothing about those but agree that seemed really strong. My guess is that there will be a dozen for sale at the next auction.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I was shocked by the $ some of the BMW M3's previously owned by Paul Walker were bringing!
I guess this is just the beginning of the possible shift in cars of choice in the collector car hobby?

Dave
Doubt it, tastes may change but prices were very strong from 30s Fords to musclecars, vintage Corvettes etc. Bottom line is if you have a great no excuse car, you will be fine.
x33rs (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 06:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:

Dave
I agree with this and I’m starting to jump in. My 25 year old car geek son loves all types of cars but has turned me on to a few. Acura’s , BMW’s, Volvo’s etc lots of fun to learn about new stuff!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Crush For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (01-21-2020)