Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Garages/shops..

Old 03-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,835 Times in 746 Posts
Default Re: Show us your shop!

the Cobra looks good, did he buy it at Barrett Jackson a few years ago? One very similar in aluminum sold there to a fellow in Dallas.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:35 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Cobra looks good, did he buy it at Barrett Jackson a few years ago? One very similar in aluminum sold there to a fellow in Dallas. </div></div>

It could be the same car. He recently bought it from someone locally
Old 03-11-2015, 07:51 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Close to being finished with my gathering place. Still have a four post lift to install and some cabinets to bring over from the house. There will never be any work accomplished here:-)) Just a place to hang out...

</div></div>

Pretty nice. Corvair Rampside. Kool.
Outstanding collection
Old 04-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

WOW!!! There are some pretty cool shops on this thread! I just recently was able to move into mine after buying it last November. We let the people we bought it from rent it out for a few months until I couldn't stand it anymore [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] And so finally, they're out, and I'm in!!! WooHoo!!!!

I'm located in a place called Garage Oasis and there are about 100+ units in here. Some own 6+ units and have them interconnected. Really slick. Most are show piece style mancaves with every new tool know to man hanging neatly on the wall. Then you come to the riff-raff section of town, like me, and have a shop &quot;shop&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] The way I figure it, we can use my shop to get dirty and then go to the other shops and have happy hour after a hard day's work! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Mine is 1500 sq. ft. with 25ft ceilings. Roll up doors either end. I built all the benches and lined them all with power strips. The one side of the shop has my compressor, air dryer, blasting cabinet, and a 3/4&quot; Rapid Air pressure line running down the length of the shop with an outlet at each bench and two retractable 50ft hose reels. The end outlet is a dedicated tire pressure station and is close to the roll-up door. The cabinet is connected to a &quot;T&quot; with a shut off so a simple turn of the valve and I'm aired up for blasting.

Having had three other shops, I tried to make this as ergonomic as I could to get the most work done as quickly as I could. The other side of the shop has a parts washing station, my library of service manuals/catalogs, and more tables/shelves as well as two 50ft retractable hose reels. Electric/Air can reach every corner of the shop to include outside each roll up door by a car's length. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

The plan at the end of the year is to build a mezzanine that is 24ftx24ft for storage of parts and such. That'll be the next step..Phase II!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] I call it &quot;The Classic Car Hangar&quot; where my classic car dreams take flight! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Of course a lot more crazy crap and signs to put on the wall, and maybe one of those Big A$$ Fans too. The shop has heat and A/C as well, but to help out the air flow I mounted two 22&quot; three-speed oscillating fans on opposite ends of the work benches so I can have air on my at any place in the shop and the fan isn't intrusive.

More pics as I get some more stuff done! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Great shop!
Big Ass Fans is right here in Lexington. Those with winglets really move some air.
All numbers match...something
New carpet and headliner
New AC system, blows cold in the winter
It ain't for sale so, don't ask
Old 05-07-2015, 05:52 PM

Nice shop Dave [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]! Looks like some work gets done in there!!! Keep us posted as you continue to put your finishing touches on it. Don't be timid (or maybe your cars are timid [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]) to get your cars in some of those shots too!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2015, 08:15 PM

Here is a couple of quick shots of Mascar / Detroit Muscle I will snap some of the inside this week and take some photo's of my storage shop.

Scott

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

Old 06-19-2015, 04:08 PM

My garage: much too small and ceiling too low. Will post pics of my work shop next week after I get it cleaned up this weekend. You can see the door to my work shop in the final photo. Its to the left side of the garage.

Would really like to move in the next few years and build my dream shop.

'68 L72 Biscayne
'69 L78 Nova
'17 Denali 3500HD
Old 06-19-2015, 04:12 PM

Paul. I like your shop and I like your cars! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

PS more about the Lemans blue Chevelle hiney in your last photo! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

The Following User Says Thank You to mockingbird812 For This Useful Post:
BmStang (06-02-2017)
Old 06-19-2015, 04:52 PM

The Chevelle I bought in December last year. It was owned by the same family since 1972. Blew a head gasket in 1993 and parked it in his garage. Originally, an L34, M-21, 3.55 posi, tach and gauges car with parchment bench seat interior, Lemans Blue exterior. The paint you see is original. The engine was grenaded sometime in the 1980's and is long gone. Had a '70 396 in it with a suffix code for a Monte Carlo. I do have the original M-21 and the rear end is original to the car as well. I will have to find a date code correct L34 for it.

I bought the car for $3500 and it came with two new NOS fenders, NOS wheel moldings and a bunch of other misc. parts. I sold the non-original 396, an extra Super T-10 4 speed that came with it, as well as all kinds of non-original parts. It worked out well as now, I am only into the car around $1000 (net) and I still have the NOS fenders and some other parts for it.

I just finished the Nova restoration in record time of 2 years, 1 month. I promised my wife I would not restore this car right away, or at least not spend a bunch of money on it right away. I will start disassembling it in the near future, but I likely won't finish it for 3-4 years. Too many other things to focus on, including a 6 year old and a 1 year old.

When I do restore it, I will use more reproduction parts than I typically like to, but being that it isn't an L78, I don't want to go through the expense of extensive NOS parts as I would end up too far underwater for an L34 car. I do really like the color combination and plan to keep it when complete.
'68 L72 Biscayne
'69 L78 Nova
'17 Denali 3500HD