Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 06:22 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default 1985 Kawasaki KX500 Dirt bike

1985 Kawasaki KX500 Dirt bike

Selling with NO RESERVE on BringATrailer.com

**THIS MOTOCROSS BIKE IS CURRENTLY SELLING LIVE WITH NO RESERVE ON A BRING-A-TRAILER ONLINE AUCTION. YES, IT’S SELLING WITH NO RESERVE! THE AUCTION ENDS ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 21ST @ 6:12PM EST. IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING PLEASE REGISTER TO BID DIRECTLY WITH BRING-A-TRAILER. IT’S A QUICK AND SIMPLE PROCESS. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU.**

“I’ve been a motocross enthusiast since I was 8 years old when my father purchased me a 1982 Suzuki JR50. Believe it or not, I still have my JR50 and will always cherish it. Although I stopped racing motocross when I was 16 years old, I’ve always had a passion for the sport. I really enjoy watching Monster Energy AMA Supercross and going to an occasional NESC race to watch one my best friends ride in the Vet Class. To keep my blood pumping I’ve been collecting classic motocross bikes on and off. I currently have a nice collection and have decided to offer some for sale. I figured I’d start off selling one of my favorites which this 1985 Kawasaki KX500. This is a very special example that will make a great addition to any collection. Oh yeah, and it’s selling with NO RESERVE! Let’s go!” – Marc Schiliro

“1985: This is the first of the great KX500s. It got a new motor with liquid-cooling and it was, for the first time in Kawasaki’s history, the best bike in its class.” - Dirt Bike Magazine

This gorgeous 1985 Kawasaki KX500 is a low serial numbered example of a rare and beautifully restored motocross bike. The Kawasaki KX500 was produced from 1983 through 2004. The 1985 and 1986 models are considered the second generation. The 1985 model in particular is very collectable among enthusiasts because it was the first of the great KX500’s offering a new motor with liquid-cooling. The 1985 model was also the only model year offered without the KIPS power valve system. In 1985, it was labeled as a “Works Replica” which was advertised as an honest copy of the factory bikes ridden to victory by Team Kawasaki Goat Breker. This example is serial #JKAKXVB19FA000065 which is #65 built on the assembly line making it a very low serial number. It was the product of a complete restoration by Charles Frisoli who lives in Cherryville, Pennsylvania. Charles made it to the top 32 of the 2023 Broke to Built Contest which can be seen on Cameron Niemela’s YouTube channel. MS CLASSIC CARS purchased it from Charles in 2023 and this is the first time it’s been listed for sale.

Prior to the restoration this example was in very good original condition. Charles’s vision was to restore the bike to show quality standards and add some custom parts during the process. The entire bike was completely stripped to the bare frame. The frame was professionally powder coated silver by Bonehead Performance Coatings. The wheel hubs and rear shock springs were also stripped and powder coated. The swingarm and associated pieces were cleaned and vapor blasted. Every suspension bearing, steering stem bearings and races were replaced. The front forks were stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with new seals and bushings. The lower forks were done with a brushed finish. New Renthal handlebars with a green pad and ODI grips were added. The rear shock was also stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with new seals and bushings. A new bumper was added and it was also done with a brushed finish. The front brake master cylinder and caliper were rebuilt and new pads were installed. The rims were stripped, spokes cleaned and cerakoted aluminum. The front rim has the DID Japan 1.60x21 stamp and the rear rim has the DID Japan 2.15x18 stamp. New hub bearings were installed along with new tubes and tires. The front tire is a IRC Volcanduro VE-35 that is 80/100/21 and the rear tire is a IRC Volcanduro VE-33 that is 5.10-18. Extra wide foot pegs and new sprockets with D.I.D chain was added.

The engine was completely disassembled. The cases were sand blasted and painted. All new bearings were installed in the bottom end. A new old stock piston and ring was also installed. The cylinder head was imported from Italy. It’s a fully ported cylinder from a pro MXGP team from 1985. This team has hall of fame riders. It was stripped and replated with Nikasyl by Powerseal USA. The Mikuni VM40Ss carburetor was completely rebuilt by Greg at Off-Road Innovation. It’s been outfitted with a Boyesen Factory Racing side cover. The engine breathes through a handmade cone pipe that was imported from the United Kingdom. The pipe is connected to an Answer S-11 Equalizer silencer that was completely restored and repacked.

The OEM tank and side panels were cleaned, wet sanded and polished. A set of new reproduction fenders from Nightmare Racing Plastics were added. A reproduction set of mud guards from DC Plastics were also added. The seat was reupholstered and all new decals were added throughout.

This motocross bike had a measured top speed of 88 mph. It is considered one of meanest machines to ever pound the dirt. At almost 40 years old, it’s a piece of motocross history. This is a huge opportunity especially because it’s selling with NO RESERVE! An original article from Cycle World magazine from March of 1985 and a new Factory Effex V.1 Kawasaki Green stand is included.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to msclassiccars For This Useful Post:
dustinm (11-15-2023), HawkX66 (11-16-2023), jerry455 (11-18-2023), L_e_e (11-15-2023), Maxsg1973 (11-16-2023), Tenney (11-16-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-16-2023, 03:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Trick pipe!
Closed Thread

Tags
dirtbike, kawasaki, kx500