Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-27-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Harrell Website

Anyone here a member of the Dick Harrell website? What's up with the discussion about the Dick Harrell funnycar? Interesting reading.
James

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Harrell Website

So what¨s up?, what is correct and not?

NEW
Old 12-27-2005, 04:37 PM

That was some very interesting reading. The responses should be even better.

Rick H.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:19 PM

The recent debate about my funny car is quite interesting and confirms several of the theories, and dispels a few others, that I had about the number, and make up, of Dick's 1968 funnycars, including mine. In the past, my car has been discussed on various sites, including on here and the Harrell site, where the majority of the folks who are now involved in the debate gave it their blessings as being legit. Some of them have been pictured with the car, given interviews to print media about it, and most made posts on here and other sites about how "neat" the car was.

These types of discrediting posts are not uncommon on the Harrell and other sites, just ask Kim Howie, Helen Gibb, Mike Guarise, Ed Cunneen, Ken Boje, the Yenko family, and others. Why some sites would rather focus on the negatives rather then the positives is beyond me, and out of my control. The one thing I can control is how I handle this situation, which means I am simply going to follow the lead of these other fine folks, who choose to let things run their course without interference. The one thing I have learned, rarely do these types of threads ever benefit our hobby. More times then not, it only serves to draw people a part, not together.

I have had a ton of fun with the car, with lots of great memorable moments, and look forward to many more. Of course, none can compare with the shot of BBenny being blown off the wall at the SCR.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Very Sad!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM

So is your car the real deal or not. Ed
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Tom,

I actually just joined that website today to view the photos they posted, so I'm certainly not a "member" or in the "good old boys club" of either there or here for that matter. While I think there are some very juvenille people on the Harrell site (especially as evidence by one person's stupid name calling post..with little to nothing to add, except when he post..we all get to look at a very nice Corvette Bronze 1968 Camaro) I must admit though after looking at the photos they posted, there seems to me to be quite a bit of differences to the pics "USA1" posted and your car. I'm not trying to start anything, but like someone posted this website and its' posters have sometimes gone out of its'/their way to document legit cars and to expose (for lack of a better term) clones or recreations. As someone that appreciates when a truly legit car is found, I would be interested as many I'm sure would be what documentation (paperwork) you have saying the car you have is a/the DH car? I know in the past I was asked to provide docs on the various cars I've owned, especially as I posted replies from an "experts" position..meaning when someone asked a question and I answered and was perceived as an "expert" (I'm certainly not one however..) people wanted to know what docs I had to back up my post..I always sent them if requested...

Please keep in mind I'm not trying to discredit you or the car, but as a student of history, and being versed in research methods I appreciate "detective work"..it seems at least one guy on that site has done a lot of work and based soley on his pics presented IMHO raised some serious questions...

Being from Missouri..I'm sure you know the motto...

What documentation do you have that the FC you have is a/the 1968 DH car?

I know my post might seem out of line to some, but I feel necessary as in this market full disclosure is needed, especially with such a historical car.

For what it is worth..I hope your car turns out to be the DH car, as it is extremely cool, but if not it is still a very cool old drag car...one I'd love to have in my garage any day of the week..

Respectfully,

G S Carlson
Old 12-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Lets turn back the clock to a post that was made here on the sYc site in the Kirby Funny Car Thread.

This qoute is talking about the Kirby car when it was on Ebay;

[ QUOTE ]
THE WHOLE AD. It says, ìOriginal Dick Harrell #3 car.î Under Vehicle condition it says ìAn all original DICK HARRELL 68 Funny Carî. It is not, was not and would never be a DH original car. It also says "own a piece of history"; racing history comes from wins and famous owners. The DH name is a good piece of Jim Kirby history. What major event did this car ever win? It was painted Harrell colors so he could fill in for Dick. The name Jim Kirby was not one everyone went to pay and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Notice this wording in the above quote:
It is not, was not and would never be a DH original car. </font>

And this quote by the same person about Tom Clary's 68 Harrell Funny Car.

[ QUOTE ]
Tom has been a true gentleman to the Harrell family, unlike others. GO FIGURE! This also brings up another issue. Tomís car indeed is a REAL Dick Harrell car and the other does detract from the value of there being more than just a few originals

[/ QUOTE ]

Then at SCR7 While at the Track Dave Libby telling me that Toms Car sat higher than it did WHEN THEY RACED IT

And Glenn standing in amazement while looking at the car at SCR8 saying it was good to see an old friend again since He had not seen the 68 or Lil Hoss in YEARS/

Oh the first two quotes were from Dale Pulde's Kirby Funny Car post in case people would like to know.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:36 PM

I don't know anything about Toms car...but I do know that if those people told me the sun was shining..I would have to go outside and look. Glad I don't own a Harrell car
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 PM

Guess thats what you get for letting the experts verify your car Tom. Dale P, Val H, and Dave L. all went on and on about the car and how great it was to see it again, and how good a job you did in restoring the car back like it was it the good old days. I doubt very seriously that the drugs they were/are doing promote long term memory.

I would look at the pics they have posted to see if any are different than the one's used in restoring the car but I can't they have me banned. Guess I am the lucky one.