Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Next Years Power Tour Car

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Pritchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,

I know my opinion wasn't requested, but having been thru a very similar situation 11 yrs ago (except that I <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">PAID</span></span> an alleged professional inspector to look at the car before I forked over the $$$ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] ) I can tell you your best bet is to cut your losses and peddle it <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">now</span></span>, before you get to 'the point of no return' [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

Bill......If I tried to get rid of it now, I would lose about 1/2 of what I paid.....So.....With that said.....I'll just put that much back into it(It's gone anyway) and get what I thought I was getting (and paid for) when I bought it.....
It's Funny now (I think), but when the car arrived I called the seller and asked him what the hell was going on with this piece of crap that he worshipped.......He said he was &quot;Shocked&quot; that I was disappointed with his baby...And it pained him to sell it....
So.....I said to him &quot;I'll tell you what&quot;......I'll pay to have it shipped back to you and you keep $1000 and return the rest......So, Basically I'm giving you a $1000 for nothing......He hung up on me.....Imagine that....Such a Deal!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 AM

I like your attitude Ken. Admit your mistake and move on. Or FIDO. (F___ it, drive on.) Pay up and make it your own and next summer when you're on Power Tour and the LS is humming and the AC is blowing cold you'll have a laugh over it all.

Oh, and the P.O. hung up on you because he knew he made out like a bandit. He'll get his someday. Bad karma goes around and then comes around.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:31 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427TJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like your attitude Ken. Admit your mistake and move on. Or FIDO. (F___ it, drive on.) Pay up and make it your own and next summer when you're on Power Tour and the LS is humming and the AC is blowing cold you'll have a laugh over it all.

Oh, and the P.O. hung up on you because he knew he made out like a bandit. He'll get his someday. Bad karma goes around and then comes around. </div></div>

Exactly!

Sorry Ken...that it wasn't what you had hoped for...

That guy will get his one day....

That being said, it will be fun to watch the build...let me know if you need parts...there seems to be quote a few aprts around this area [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 AM

For those of you who have never met Ken, or seen any of his cars, let me tell you something. One year from today you'll swear he replaced THIS car with another similar one. It will be flawless, in spite of what you see today.

Ken called me Thursday evening and told me the story. Knowing Ken and how HE treats EVERYONE else, this makes you sick that HE gets this kind of deal. By the end of our conversation he was laughing, saying, &quot;I bought a brand new convertible top and they threw in a car.&quot; Can you believe it?

You're one helluva man Ken. I'm blessed to call you my friend and look forward to following another of your fantastic builds. Get busy Buddy. See ya in Monmouth.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 AM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

Ken, if you ever find another one in New Jersey, I'd be happy to check it out for you. That car you got looks like it was a typical Long Island car - never a good thing due to the salt air.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:40 AM

pre
view
Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 AM

Ha, Love it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 AM

looks good from here LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 05:32 AM

Lets see it with the 6 inch lift with the 30's under it like Puff Daddy X would have it in Miami
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IM RARE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good from here LOL </div></div>

Dave.......You are pretty close........But....You already knew that.....LOL

The Best things in life......Aren't Things