Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-09-2003, 02:43 PM

Default RPO requirements with COPO Camaro

I was comparing a couple of COPO window stickers in McNeish's book (pages 112 and 117) and noticed that one listed, and charged for RPO G80/G84 4.10 Posi, and the other did not.
Wasn't the rear part of the 9561 package? Did one guy get charged twice for the rear (once as part of 9561, and again as RPO G80)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: RPO requirements with COPO Camaro

The canadian documentation for my car has " positraction, high performance 12 volt rear axle, 5 leaf springs, heat treated ring and pinion " under the 9561 AA option.
Maybe the difference was the way they catagorized for early or late production. MacNeish probably would know.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:30 PM

The two in McNeish's book were only 30,000 units apart.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:44 PM

It would be interesting to find out just what was in the COPO package. For our COPO Chevelle the dealer charged me $80.20 for the G80, $2.75 for the 4:10 gears which they invoiced as H05 (GM documentation shows G84). The J50/J52 cost me $72.00. I was charged $31.10 for the V01 rad but the GM documentation doesn't show it at all. The D96 stripe was $33.85. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 04:10 AM

Keith! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It sounds like you have been ripped off! I would be more than happy to reimburse you and take the car off your hands! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 11:51 AM

Thanks Frank. What are friends for if they can't help each other out. I was a little upset when I found out that the LS6 was going to be available in '70. I only had the car about a month when this news came out. My wife would kill me if I ever sold the car. Besides, it's kind of like one of the family after 34 years. If I can get the body man in gear, the car might be on the road in a year or so. I'll gladly take you for a ride when it's done. A few old friends who rode in the car in the old days are anxious for another ride. It will be fun and I have no intentions of making it a show car. Gotta have a few bugs in the grill to show that you are really enjoying it. This is Frank in the passenger seat. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 01:56 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 482 Posts

Keith did they charge you for the COPO package and then add the other items or did they charge you just for the items you list?
Old 10-10-2003, 03:57 PM

My invoice looks a lot like yours sounds. My original owner was charged for the component options, too:

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 10-10-2003, 06:09 PM

The COPO package was an extra $649. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Turns out to be the best money I ever spent. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'd still like to know just what came with the COPO package. I have a copy of an Earl Evans Chevrolet COPO Chevelle invoice and the COPO package was $532.95 US while the Camaro package was $489.75. The difference in price between the Chevelle package and that of the Camaro would probably be due to the difference in trim level. The Camaro was stripped except for the cowl hood while the Chevelle had the Malibu/SS trim. I think that pretty well everything was optional as it would be with the SS cars. At the time I don't think that anyone was too clear on the ordering procedure. As I mentioned one other time,We weren't even sure which 427 was coming in the Chevelles. I have posted pictures and info at www.angelfire.com/folk/canam/