Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Ebay policy changes

Starting in May sellers on ebay will no longer be able to leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers of their items, only positive.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Ebay policy changes

What is the purpose of that? I don't sell on there myself, I'm just a buyer with 100% positive feedback, but I'm sure sellers get bad buyers all the time.

The only reason I could see it being that way is, if a seller received their money and sent out a piece of crap item, the buyer is hesitant to leave a negative, because they don't want the negative retaliation, even though the buyer deserves it.

There should be some sort of middle party that approves whether a buyer can receive negative or neutral feedback.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Here is a quote from ebay:

"The No. 1 reason buyers cited for decreasing or ceasing their activity on eBay was negative unwarranted retaliatory feedback they received from sellers. There has been a four-fold increase in this over the last several years. It's cited as a bigger problem than even not receiving shipment."
Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM

If you can't leave feedback for a buyer in anything other than "positive", then what is the point in leaving feedback at all.......
1969 Yenko Stinger YS-320
Southeast of Disorder
Old 02-06-2008, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't leave feedback for a buyer in anything other than "positive", then what is the point in leaving feedback at all.......

[/ QUOTE ]

same morons from paypal are breeding new workers to think bass akwards on ebay as well, buyers can lie cheat etc and its ok, mind numbing chit,

count how many times you have heard or read where a buyer gets the item and and gets his money back and keeps the stuff ...never have heard of a buyer complain the seller hammered them for no reason...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:52 PM

I have said this before, but eBay feedback is a joke. When I am a buyer, I often get emails from the seller saying "I leave positive feedback as soon as I receive it from you". This is after I pay one minute after the auction ends by their prefered method.

Ebay is right, buyers are afraid to leave negative feedback even if the item is terrible because they know they will get a negative feedback in return in most cases.

I have bought and sold on eBay many times with very good luck, but if a person is relying on someone's feedback score for info on whether or not they should buy or sell with someone, they are wasting their time with a vastly inaccurate rating in many cases.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 PM

So rather than address the problem they change the policy. It's becoming the American way.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM

If I'm a buyer and have paid for an item according to the sellers parmeters then why doesn't the seller immediately leave positive feedback. The buyer has fulfilled his end of the transaction, right?

It seems sellers wait for the buyer to leave positive feedback and then they will reciprocate. As a buyer it feels like the seller has you over a barrell, you leave feedback and then I will. It should be the other way around.

In the old feedback system if the seller left a positive and then the buyer got the item and was not happy and left a negative, there was a provision for the seller to leave a response to the negative. Made good sense to me.

Buyers have got leary and I don't blame them. I won the auction, paid for the item, those are my obligations, leave me feedback. Sellers don't like that game, they hold you down and will only leave feedback once they have received a positive, it's wrong IMHO.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewards/

Safe Payments

To help ensure more buyers are protected, in some cases we'll require sellers to offer either PayPal or a merchant credit card to customers. PayPal buyer protection covers most qualified transactions up to $2000.00 USD.
Sellers will only be required to provide this safe payment option to customers in certain situations:

For listings in riskier categories, like computers and cell phones
If the seller has 5% or more dissatisfied customers
If the seller has less than 100 Feedback

In a small number of cases (fewer than 5% of all payments on eBay), PayPal will hold payment funds until either the buyer has left positive Feedback or 21 days have passed without a claim.

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Acrobat Signs

Acrobat Tactical
Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM

It won't be long before all PeeBait transactions are through Paypal with your verified bank account.