Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1969 Nova one owner pop barn find original paint 40k survivor

Hey folks,
Selling my Nova...it is too original for me and I am too tempted to swap out drive train. I know you folks like to keep them original. It is up on eBay, I did put a link in the eBay section. For members here I would go 12500 that is auction reserve amount the auction buy it now has been lowered to 17500. Thanks for looking.
Chris
Due to technical difficulties I can load pictures today but they are in the auction.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry yenko nova 17.jpg yenko nova 16.jpg yenko nova 15.jpg yenko nova 14.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Nice honest car....Love the colors.

GLWS.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
The Following User Says Thank You to Postsedan For This Useful Post:
chris slawski (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 01:41 PM

I do try to be overly honest. .I once drive 8 hours one way to see a rust free 69 Camaro. ..the rear leaf spring was thru the trunk floor. ..almost had an incident. ..never want my name associated with anything like that.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:45 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevro...VaKro5&vxp=mtr
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Yup...that is Ol Blue
Old 12-11-2017, 02:10 PM

Default full description and picts

1969 Nova one owner Protect o Plate un molested barn find. 40,000 miles…yes 40, not 140.
Up for sale 1969 Nova. Until May 2017 this was a 1 owner car, now I got it from the gentleman who purchased from the owner’s estate. Last inspection is 1993. I do have clear title in my name. I have the Protect-o-Plate also. The protect-o-plate matches everything EXCEPT the rear end assembly. The original rear was a 10 bolt 3.08 POSI, yes POSI, it still has the sticker in the trunk lid. It has been replaced with a 1971 Nova 3.08 open 10 bolt. Sorry it was gone before I got it. I appears the passenger side of the axle is not located on the pin so it is back ½ inch from the position of the drivers side rear wheel placement. Kind of hard to grasp, but when you see in person, you will notice slightly off.
The car is a 350 2 barrel th350 column shift car. AM radio was 4 wheel manual drum, has been updated with a CCP Power disc conversion kit. As such the original 14 inch wheels, do not clear the rotors/calipers.I do have all 5 (!) original wheels, without tires. I did get a set of 5 15X6 steel wheels which I painted dusk blue, and installed the original hubcaps. Please note the American Racing wheels in some photos are not for sale with the car, the steel wheels go with the car. This car was a stripper other than color. Rubber mat, bench seat, NO power steering, original NO power brakes, and NO air conditioning.
The good, as noted all major components match, including the radiator. I did not date check the carb, dist, alt, starter, etc, but they appear to be original. The heat stove duct work was gone, I did get new from Classic Industries.
The big good, from what I can tell, the car has not been repainted. With that being said, the original owner was an older gentleman, and as such back in the day when rust started to appear, you painted over it, and also filled with foam. Well the foam is still there, the rust paint coverage was in a hideous baby blue. I did get from Sherwin Williams color match spray cans witch I just fogged over the baby blue to at least blend better. So yes it does have some rust around the tops of the rear wheel wheels, the outers and inners are good, the rear bottom of outer needs some attention. It does have some rust behind the rear wheel openings. The front fenders do have rust at the heel. The floors are extremely solid, as is all the frames. All glass is very good, the windshield does have a wiper scratch, light, on the passenger side, I think it can be removed. The grill stiffener plastic cover does have a crack, I have a repo replacement. The only major body problem is the passenger door. It has a large gash, yes gash in the skin, as well as rust in the case. I did obtain a 69 specific door from Desert Valley Auto Parts with a rust free case. I did have an AMD skin installed. The door is NOT on the car, but comes with it. It is an empty door, everything would need to be transferred.
The front seat was recovered, but it appears the original seat cover is still under that cover, other that that the interior is all original. The head liner has a thumb nail size hole on the drivers side, near the welting.
The oil pan has a crack in the bottom, and drains the oil all out, so not a runner, but I have the new pan to go with the car.
The big draw for this car is the rare color combo, which from what I have heard the car is 1 of 825 produced in the glacier roof, dusk body color combo, then add the blue 735 interior and it is a rare car, but still a basic car, not a hi performance model. But the car is also EXTREMELY original. The price is high, but they just are not out there. My cell is 609-206-5360 EST if you get voice mail please leave message with call back number.
To repeat yes clear title in my name.
Thanks for all the inquires over the weekend, couple recurring questions so I felt I should clarify.
First and foremost, YES it does run like a Swiss watch as only a mild horsepower 350 can! The only thing holding it back from being driven regularly is the oil pan crack. It is not a geyser but it leaks enough for me to be concerned, and yes, I am overly sensitive. No noise, no smoke, no vibration, the car is all good. Does have a couple bulbs out, but otherwise all systems go!
Couple folks asked if the car could be repaired, I am sure some JB weld smeared on it would hold, but that is not the right way, the right way is a new pan, which you can do without pulling the engine, but if you go that far, you may want to detail some too. That will be up to the new owner.
Another big yes, it is a rubber floor mat car. The mat is in good condition, no holes, but does have a couple cracks. No, I am not selling the floor mat itself, if you want to buy it, it comes with a car attached to it.
Some folks asked about the trunk floor, I did say it is solid, which it is. Most of the original splatter paint is still there, as well as a 69 Nova jack, spare tire, the posi sticker is still on the decklid, and the jacking instructions. I does look like somebody spilled paint in there and tried to wipe it up though.
Couple folks asked about the tires, they are BRAND new Firestones 215 x 70 x 15. They have maybe a mile being pushed in and out of the garage on them.
Couple folks have mentioned they think the initial price was high, so I have dropped it significantly so we all should be on the same page now.
Why am I selling it? It is a great, GREAT car, that I am sure I will not find again, but the fact of the matter is I have an entire powertrain sitting in the garage for a project that I really want to use, I do NOT want to take this survivor apart and modify it. It has been too nice of a car its entire life, and I think the car deserves better.
No, not interested in a trade, but thanks, cash only, in person.
Again, if any questions come up that I have not answered please let me know.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 PM

Nice colors GLWS
1971 442 W 30 holiday coupe

Last edited by daverd; 12-12-2017 at 03:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to daverd For This Useful Post:
chris slawski (12-12-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 01:45 AM

Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,907 Posts

Just ran across the auction, currently at $8500 and reserve is off, pretty good deal as it sits IMO! Good luck!

Link to 1969 Nova Auction

The Following User Says Thank You to scuncio For This Useful Post:
chris slawski (12-16-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM

And good old ebay...winning bidder who ran it up to reserve says he wanted to cancel bid...good times
Old 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

All the bidders are private.
Who was it? Is he a member on here?