Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 09-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Hot Wheels Legends Don “The Snake” Cuda Funny Car “Toy”

Hot Wheels Legends Don “The Snake” Cuda Funny Car “Toy”

Listed for your viewing pleasure is my 1997 Hot Wheels Legends to Life Don “The Snake” Prudhomme motorized Plymouth Barracuda Funny Car. If you haven’t seen one of these in action before then you’ll get a kick out of this…. There’s quite a few videos of these posted on the net, so you should be able to find one easily.

It has a great audio commentary, the body lifts and shakes, the engine starts with the blower belt spinning while the sequential exhaust pipes light up. It does burnouts while staging and wheelies too, and even the Christmas tree lights are functional.

I purchased this new and have played it maybe 20 times over the years. It’s usually prominently displayed in my vintage toy cases, but I’m starting to downsize my stuff and thought maybe it’s time for someone else to enjoy this little gizmo…

Included is all the original packing materials as I received them, the “Certificate of Title” and associated factory paperwork, and even the RARE Mattel outer factory shipping cardboard box (I guess most shipping boxes were tossed or never left the toy stores…?)

It’s in great condition throughout. I just ran it through the paces and everything worked fine. I took a video of it in action to prove all is good and could probably email that to you if desired. FYI - One typical factory flaw I’ve heard about is supposedly the blower belt can pop off while running (and you just pop it back on). Evidently there is a fix for that but I never messed with it.

For shipping purposes, I will remove the car from the base and repackage everything using all the original packing materials. I will place the Mattel outer shipping box inside another cardboard box to further protect it. Of course it will be insured for it’s full value, but there are so many horror stories of shipping casualties lately that I’m not sure how to guarantee this toy will still work once you receive it? It’s over 20 years old so one more bounced around the delivery truck shipping adventure might cause issues. It has always worked fine for me, but I‘m going to offer it for sale as a display only toy to avoid potential arguments. Please keep that in mind when considering this purchase. I’m open for discussing other guarantee scenarios if you have any…

It looks like a few nice examples have sold recently in the $700 +/- range, so how about we shoot for $600 plus actual shipping costs (from Petaluma, Ca 94952) for this one? Feel free to PM me with any questions and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking ! Charlie
Attached Images

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-13-2020, 02:16 AM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

I paid good money for one of these a few years ago and have no regrets. They are pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 09-14-2020, 05:22 PM

pm sent
Old 09-14-2020, 09:27 PM

Sold - pending payment...

Thanks SYC !