Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 05-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Sunday Afternoon with the Classics (Featuring Muscle Cars)

My wife is as much into cars as I am, she works for Henrico County, Virginia Parks & Rec.,(near Richmond, Va) she is also V.P. of the Richmond Region Antique Automobile Club of America. She has developed a partnership between the Antique Auto Club and the Henrico Parks and Rec. whereby the club furnishes antique vehicles when requested for county functions in return for the county providing space, tents, chairs, meeting rooms etc. for our club functions.
A few years ago she began something that she calls Sunday Afternoon with the Classics. This is basically a Cruise-in type get together that is also an educational type event. She has cars outside in the parking lot and usually has a few owners who are willing to get up and talk about their cars and their love for their cars and the hobby. She has a power point presentation running while the owners talk about the cars. The events have been well attended and when I say they are educational, you can tell by the questions that people ask that people are interested and are learning which benefits our hobby. After each event she provides refreshments for all.
Each event features a certain type of car, she has done events where Mustangs were featured, Corvettes, orphan cars, Model A & T Fords and so on. On Sunday, May 21st she is having her next event and Muscle Cars are the feature cars.
Anyone in the Central Virginia area please join us for what we hope will be a really great time. Below is her ad for the event. Thanks and I look forward to seeing some great Muscle Cars, I plan to take a couple of my own.

May 21 - Sunday Afternoon with the Classics: 0 to 60 mph! The American Muscle Car
Deep Run Park and Recreation Center, 9900 Ridgefield Parkway, Henrico, VA 2-3:30pm.
There’s something about the classic American muscle car that just can’t be beat - once you fire up that engine, you know why! Muscle cars were exciting, big, loud and ultra-powerful rubber burning machines. The 1960’s and 70’s saw American automakers become progressively more competitive in brute power and aggressive styling as they worked to surpass each other’s muscle car offerings. Join the Richmond Region AACA for a presentation and opportunity to meet owners and see examples of their amazing muscle cars! Part of the popular Sunday Afternoon with the Classics automotive series. Participating Muscle cars may assemble on site at the Recreation Center beginning at 12:30 pm. Parking will be directed. The mini-cruise-in event ends at 4 pm. Free! Information: Debbie Nolen, (804) 652-3407 or [email protected]

Contact me if you would like to participate Thanks a million in advance for your consideration!!!

Debbie

Debbie Nolen
​5805 Centralia Road,
North Chesterfield, VA 23237​
[email protected]
1961 Pontiac Catalina 4 speed
1962 Chevrolet Corvette
1963 Pontiac Catalina 421/4 speed
1964 Pontiac Catalina tri power/4 speed
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...