Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-22-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67since67 View Post
You mean like this Tim?? Lol! This is what you get when you hire a broker. the driver was just as sketchy as the rig, barely understood English. There were some high dollar exotic and muscle cars inside. (Not mine fortunately!)
I used something like that once. Had soft sides on it similar to the picture, which delivered the cars completely filthy. Guy was Russian and barely spoke broken English. Was also hauling some high dollar Ferrari's and bragging to me how he had one out doing burnouts at one of his stops. No kidding!! Said he thought he burned up the clutch.

I was glad to have my junk back. Other than the filth, they arrived unharmed.

Ever since that experience I have used Reliable for many years and have never looked back. They are the main carrier for many of the big car auctions around the desert South West here, and probably others, so scheduling can sometimes be busy, but worth the wait for me. From my experience with them, most of the time they give a big lead time and don't make special trips for pickups and wait until they are heading that direction for other stops, but they have always showed up earlier than they initially tell me when making the appointment. Great service.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
Reliable does a good job. Some of the low dollar companies use poor equipment, I don't go that route any longer.
Even some of the brand name companies use old equipment overdue for service and have to divert to a trailer service station in the middle of no where with your car on the back.......... Ask me how I know and then ask me how many sleepless nights came from that.

Bottom line, brand name is usually better. But even with the "big guys" expect poor customer service, outdated equipment and at least one person in the front office who clearly knows much more than you do (despite being in the logistics industry and despite having a brother who runs a fleet of 200+ white glove, non-auto trailers).

The above has reference to two major companies that we've used over the years and won't use again.

I get Florida to Seattle you have to use someone as you likely can't do it yourself but anytime you have the ability to trailer yourself, I recommend it!

Best,
Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to 72-SS-L48 For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Car Shipper

Passport Transport is another no B.S. Outfit. I used them to ship 1953 Corvette # 100 out to Long Island New York with no Issues.

Bill
Old 11-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Lightbulb Most expensive route

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave33 View Post
Looking for any leads
On enclosed shpiping
Companies, to ship midyear corvette from
Florida to Seattle.
Thanks Dave
That trip - either way - is the most expensive route.

I-10 to I-5 or vice versa.

No major carrier runs direct unless they are taking a full load from pickup to drop off.

Cars are damaged in between pick up & drop off where they are driven on
and off the trailer and stored outside ( in most cases ) waiting to be put on
another trailer.

I just dropped off this 1959 Buick Invicta Convertible in Toledo, Ohio on Wednesday.

Yesterday I picked up this two owner 1967 Camaro SS Convertible in Chicago.

Jim
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Default shipping

You pay for what you get, I used Reliable 3 times in the last 2 years, great communication and nice/clean rigs, plus once the car is loaded its next stop is the destination.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miagiman For This Useful Post:
dykstra (11-14-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Agree on above. I'm especially big on people returning calls and messages. Common courtesy stuff.