Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-15-2015, 02:58 PM

Default 1970 Challenger R/T

Hey Everyone. Well...here is the final chapter to my saga that started this last May. Some of you may remember my 1970 Challenger R/T SE here. I had previously mentioned Scott Smith (Harms) and his assistance with everything. He is a GREAT guy and tried to help me with the numerous issues throughout these past months and he actually found a buyer for the R/T SE for me. Scott also helped me find a FANTASTIC 70 Challenger R/T that has absolutely NO issues what-so-ever, owned by Dave West. Scott had known Dave from the work he had done for him over the years and Scott was also one of the judges that did a rigorous OE inspection on Dave's car at MATS (Mopars at the Strip in Vegas) a few years back. Scott personally vouched for this car and gave it a HUGE thumbs up. I'm sure that some of you have seen this car and may even know Dave West. Dave knew what I had been through (with my last purchase) and personally delivered my new Challenger to my front door because he knew that I was still gun-shy. He did so with only my word that I would purchase it on my approval upon final inspection.....no down payment. He was that confident in his Challenger and I'm sure that Scott told him that I was a stand up guy and could be trusted. Dave is also a great person that is all for the hobby. These two guys (along with many of you) are what makes this a GREAT hobby and have restored my faith in it. Kudos to Scott Smith and Dave West.
So here it is....what do you guys think? It was personally fully inspected my Galen Govier and totally authentic with all numbers matching. Per Galen's full report, it is 1 of only 2 Dodge Challenger U code(s) to have a shaker hood. The second one is black but has lost it's original drivetrain many years ago. The color combo, from what has been said and researched, is a 1 of 1. Together, this makes this one rare Challenger. The Challenger runs and drives fantastic....my wife and I both love it.

Previously, I have received emails from some of you guys here and wanted to give you all an update. Hope you all like it.

Craig
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caj For This Useful Post:
427TJ (06-10-2023), big gear head (06-01-2023), PatrickKrook (06-08-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry pic7.jpg pic22.jpg pic21.jpg pic20.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-15-2015, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 1970 Challenger R/T

A few more pictures.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caj For This Useful Post:
427TJ (06-10-2023), big gear head (06-01-2023)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Beautiful car Craig! I saw it when it came out to the MATS show and it was just striking. Very unusual color combo, top notch restoration, and that extremely rare 70 Challenger shaker hood option! You are exactly right about Scott and Dave, and you've got every right to be proud of your very cool car. Congrats!

- Wade
Old 11-15-2015, 05:45 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

Very cool car. I remember seeing this car before and was amazed at how uniquely optioned it was. What is the paint color/code?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:08 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cudino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful car Craig! I saw it when it came out to the MATS show and it was just striking. Very unusual color combo, top notch restoration, and that extremely rare 70 Challenger shaker hood option! You are exactly right about Scott and Dave, and you've got every right to be proud of your very cool car. Congrats!

- Wade </div></div>

Thanks Wade. I cannot say enough about Scott and Dave. Both are extremely knowledgeable. Dave is working on a car for someone now that hopefully should be at MATS next spring. Don't want to spoil the grand opening so I'm not going to say what it is, but I can't wait to see it. Too bad it's not going to be ready for MCACN.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:09 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool car. I remember seeing this car before and was amazed at how uniquely optioned it was. What is the paint color/code? </div></div>

Thanks Steve. The color code is DY3.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Beautiful Challenger!!
Old 11-15-2015, 06:57 PM

...Wow ....Nice car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2015, 08:44 PM

Thanks Xplantdad and John for your comments.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

Love it!!!