Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Silence speaks volumes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unreal For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (08-02-2021), subyman99 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 01:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthre...=167013&page=3

March rear axle in that thread. And looking for March engine stampings. Not saying one has anything to do with the other. Could just be a coincidence.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM

"72nova" is a coworker of mine. We don't work Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays -hence the "silence". I had asked him to join this site and instructed him to politely ask for examples of partial VINs from 03D Norwood blocks. I've only ever posted about one car on here and if I were to suddenly start asking about partial VINs on March Norwood blocks, it would be pretty obvious to anyone who could put two and two together why I was asking. I feel It would be unethical -that I would be doing the car and it's owner a disservice- to cause it's authenticity to come under scrutiny in a public venue such as this. But alas, the car's owner doesn't care what anyone thinks -so here goes...The reason I am looking for examples on partial VINs is because the partial VIN on the block has come into question. The font style of the stamping isn't "known" to certain people in the community. There seems to be a lot of people in this hobby that seem to think that they "know" everything no matter how obvious it is that they don't. The font style IS however, "known" to the man who was hired to authenticate this car and it has been "known" to him for many years. I will not mention his name out of respect for his privacy and because I don't wish to bring him into this shit-show. I will say only that he is extremely knowledgeable and his reputation is impeccable. So far we have at least 4 examples of this VIN stamping font from cars assembled in the same time frame. Contrary to what was so rudely suggested, I searched this site for almost 3 hours and was only able to come up with one example. I didn't feel that I could ask straight out what I was looking for, but had hoped that the members of this site would be kind enough to help a guy out.
If I were going to "do a forgery" I wouldn't be on here asking for info on how to go about it. I'd have done it in a "known" font and it would be done "textbook" for everyone who parrots and regurgitates the "known" to eat up. This car was wrecked in '77 and has sat untouched ever since. It's entire history is known. All of the previous owners are still around. The disassembly process was well documented...literally thousands of photos and plenty of witnesses. I'm not "forging" anything. The car is legit, it's "born with" engine is legit and it will be proven so.

Thank you to those of you who were helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremy clark For This Useful Post:
X66 714 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 02:27 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy clark View Post
"72nova" is a coworker of mine. We don't work Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays -hence the "silence". I had asked him to join this site and instructed him to politely ask for examples of partial VINs from 03D Norwood blocks. I've only ever posted about one car on here and if I were to suddenly start asking about partial VINs on March Norwood blocks, it would be pretty obvious to anyone who could put two and two together why I was asking. I feel It would be unethical -that I would be doing the car and it's owner a disservice- to cause it's authenticity to come under scrutiny in a public venue such as this. But alas, the car's owner doesn't care what anyone thinks -so here goes...The reason I am looking for examples on partial VINs is because the partial VIN on the block has come into question. The font style of the stamping isn't "known" to certain people in the community. There seems to be a lot of people in this hobby that seem to think that they "know" everything no matter how obvious it is that they don't. The font style IS however, "known" to the man who was hired to authenticate this car and it has been "known" to him for many years. I will not mention his name out of respect for his privacy and because I don't wish to bring him into this shit-show. I will say only that he is extremely knowledgeable and his reputation is impeccable. So far we have at least 4 examples of this VIN stamping font from cars assembled in the same time frame. Contrary to what was so rudely suggested, I searched this site for almost 3 hours and was only able to come up with one example. I didn't feel that I could ask straight out what I was looking for, but had hoped that the members of this site would be kind enough to help a guy out.
If I were going to "do a forgery" I wouldn't be on here asking for info on how to go about it. I'd have done it in a "known" font and it would be done "textbook" for everyone who parrots and regurgitates the "known" to eat up. This car was wrecked in '77 and has sat untouched ever since. It's entire history is known. All of the previous owners are still around. The disassembly process was well documented...literally thousands of photos and plenty of witnesses. I'm not "forging" anything. The car is legit, it's "born with" engine is legit and it will be proven so.

Thank you to those of you who were helpful.
You had 3 days to think of an excuse,and this is what you come up with?
BTW~You sure like to use quotation marks 72Nova,I mean jeremy.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:37 PM

I didn't need 3 days. I didn't have to respond at all. No excuse. Everything I said is 100 percent true. Yes, I use quotation marks when appropriate.

Last edited by jeremy clark; 08-02-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:10 PM

Thanked 1,990 Times in 637 Posts

If you and the owner are convinced the stamp real I wouldn't worry about what anyone else thinks. But if you want a second opinion, there are a few guys on this site that know as much or more about 69 Camaro's than the so called experts. I'm not one of them but the knowledge of the members on this site is absolutely incredible.
The Following User Says Thank You to carnut4life For This Useful Post:
jeremy clark (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 03:40 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Mr. Clark consulted with me about the issues present well before he posted here, and as you all know I have the Norwood VIN stamping tools and stamps under lock and key.

He is simply looking for information to explain a production anomaly which really is not an anomaly at all If you understand the Norwood assembly process and how the tool room functioned the interface with the transmission feeder conveyor and the motor line all on a day to day basis.

How about we all take a deep breath and put the hobby politics away for a while and try to learn something new?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
Charlierogers (08-02-2021), jeremy clark (08-02-2021), X66 714 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 03:51 PM

Thank you. I apologize if the way I went about seeking the information came off as disingenuous. I was just trying to protect the client's interests.

Something new?
Is 3955270 is a "known" COPO casting number? Discuss....
Old 08-02-2021, 04:19 PM

If the whole car has been untouched since 1977, the stamping would be true.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

Just post the darn picture of the stamp with a couple of the digits blacked out. Also the assembly stamp. Geesh!!!

Last edited by bergy; 08-02-2021 at 04:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
m22mike (08-03-2021)