Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 02:49 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default 1945 Farmall A Tractor

1945 Farmall A Tractor
https://www.hemmings.com/auction/194...konk-ma-138989

**THIS TRACTOR IS CURRENTLY SELLING LIVE WITH NO RESERVE ON A HEMMINGS ONLINE AUCTION. YES, NO RESERVE! THE AUCTION ENDS ON MONDAY OCTOBER 9TH @ 5:30PM EST. IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO PURCHASE PLEASE REGISTER DIRECTLY WITH HEMMINGS TO BID. IT’S A QUICK AND SIMPLE PROCESS. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU.**

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/194...konk-ma-138989

This eye-catching 1945 Farmall A Tractor has been restored and is a true piece of Americana. The Farmall A “Row-Crop” tractor was produced from 1939 through 1947. They were built in Chicago, Illinois and Louisville, Kentucky. A total of 117,552 were produced over the eight year span averaging 14,694 per year. The A model features an offset engine and wide front end. The offset engine was known as “Cultivision”. Farmall A tractors are seldom seen on the marketplace. This example was purchased new by the Marks family who lived in Central Pennsylvania. A copy of the “To the Farmall Owner” page with serial number and engine number is included. The original serial tag and a reproduction blank serial tag are included. On December 2, 1968 it was sold to the grandson Wayne Marks. A copy of the Bill of Sale is included. Multiple receipts in Wayne Marks name dating back to 1984 are included. On October 5th, 2005 Wayne sold it to his son James Marks. A copy of the Bill of Sale is included. The tractor had a belly mower and was primarily used to cut grass at their local church. It was purchased in 2013 by a gentleman named David Cory who lives in Lake Ariel, PA. Dave was a vintage tractor enthusiast who wanted to restore it for his collection. Since the tractor was in really good mechanical condition his plan was to do more of a cosmetic restoration and some light service work. He worked on the tractor and did most the restoration himself over the course of roughly two years. It was completed in 2015 and has been on display inside his building until now. MS CLASSIC CARS purchased it from David Cory in September of 2023 and this the first time it’s been listed for sale.

The tractor is in overall very nice condition and presents beautifully. It’s not a concours restoration but it’s definitely a show quality restoration. It retains all its original sheet metal which was media blasted during the restoration. The sheet metal includes the grill, hood, 10-gal fuel tank and fenders. It was repainted in the factory correct red color which looks great. The paint was recently detailed to a glossy shine. It was decorated with all new emblems and decals throughout. The original seat was professionally reupholstered with the original material by Darrell Darst. During the restoration a new wiring harness was added. The front headlights and rear headlight are in working order. The original style amperes gauge is also in working order. The wheels were refinished in silver and wrapped with new Firestone tires that are 4.00-15 on the front and 9.5-24 on the rear.

The tractor runs and operates very nicely. The original International Harvester 1.9L 4-cylinder gasoline engine didn’t need rebuilding because it was in great running order. The engine was prepped for painting and gone through including new seals. Some of the tune up work included new spark plugs, fresh oil and carburetor rebuilding. It still retains the original distributor cap and magneto which was recently rebuilt. The engine has a sweet sound through the singe exhaust pipe. A new aftermarket battery box and tool box was added. The engine is coupled to a 4-speed sliding gear transmission. The clutch is believed to be original and works as it should. The brakes are also believed to be original and work as they should. It’s equipped with manual steering and a two-wheel drive system. It also retains all the original International Harvester bolts with the dots in the center throughout the tractor.

The Following User Says Thank You to msclassiccars For This Useful Post:
Keith Seymore (09-27-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Farmall before.JPG Farmall after.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-27-2023, 04:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,492 Times in 1,247 Posts

Love it, love it, love it!

I had a 1941 version.

Best purchase I ever made.

Found it in a field by my house. The seller towed me home with his Massey.

It would literally stop traffic when I was mowing or pushing snow (people would stop to watch).

GLWS!!

K
Attached Images

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 09-27-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2023, 04:47 PM

Thanked 4,492 Times in 1,247 Posts

Note I didn't put the lights back on mine.

My dad, and actual 1940's/1950's farmer, advised me: "if it's time for the lights to come on it's time to go inside".

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Billohio (10-04-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post

I had a 1941 version.

It would literally stop traffic when I was mowing or pushing snow (people would stop to watch).

GLWS!!

K
I spent the summer in the thumb at my grandparents farm helping out. We had a “C” and an “H”, that had the 2 wheels together in the front, prone for flipping but could turn on a dime. I remember seeing farmers with “M”s that I were the biggest offering at the time?

Last edited by Crush; 09-27-2023 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:42 PM
SCR Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post

I had a 1941 version.

GLWS!!

K
Thank you very much! Very cool story. They are awesome!

Closed Thread

Tags
farmall, harvester, international, tractor